Mafia Game 79 - Game of Thrones Finale Party!

House Targaryen

Don't have a great deal of time right now, but I am inclined to keep my vote right where it is. My reasons for diliking her have already been touched on. I didn't appreciate the lynch everyone and let The Seven sort 'em out approach she took, especially since she found issue with Sansa's vote removal. None of Dany's responses have felt all that genuine. Suffices to say Dany will do unless a better ooption presents itself. I will be back well before the lynch deadline.

Even flow, thoughts arrive like butterflies

So right now, my preferences are:

Daeny

Eddard and Ros

Unmentioned people

Renly

Varys and Drogo

Sansa

I like Arya. She seems innocent. CONGRATS ON BEING INNOCENT, ARYA!

Hey Sorry I've been away for a while, just catching up on the thread before I go have a shower, but at the moment I'm not liking how much effort Sansa's put into defending herself from what seems like a typical contrived-but-what-do-you-expect type of day one case. I can understand removing a joke vote before going away (though it does seem over-cautious) but going to lengths to defend oneself afterward seems over the top. And despite what she says, it is an OMGUS case; seems to be designed to put people off making cases on her. I'll reread in a bit and have some more thoughts and a vote.

I don't like Jorah. He seems suspicious. STOP BEING SO USELESS, JORAH!

Also I don't think overdefensiveness is a sign of guilt on day 1 unless the person does nothing but defend himself.

I am still going to remain voteless.

Don't like this, please vote.

tier 1: Eddard; Daenerys; Ros (I am not sure if it is the play style yet or the actual content, I just get bad vibes from her)

tier 2: everyone else

tier 3: Arya and Varys. most likely to be innocent

tier 4: Sansa Stark

Only ones I m not willing to vote, at this time, are Arya and Varys. I just don't think they are guilty. Anyone else is fine.

Well, at least you put yourself as a possible lynch candidate. Can I help you with the noose?

I'm fine with switching to Dany if for no other reason than she's unhelpful. Ditto for Ros. How does not voting help?

Would you have rathered me put a vote on someone when I do not have a good reason(although some of you feel strongly one way or another)? By saying I may not be around later was a convenience to all of you, not a "pre-packaged" excuse.

Make as sincere a case as you can for Day 1 and vote. Pressure leads to reaction and analysis. It isn't just about today and who gets lynched. It's about a the long game. Get there and play.

Don't have a great deal of time right now, but I am inclined to keep my vote right where it is. My reasons for diliking her have already been touched on. I didn't appreciate the lynch everyone and let The Seven sort 'em out approach she took, especially since she found issue with Sansa's vote removal. None of Dany's responses have felt all that genuine. Suffices to say Dany will do unless a better ooption presents itself. I will be back well before the lynch deadline.

That's a gross misinterpretation of my posts. I never once said that.

Do you find anyone else suspicious?

Your own daughter?! Tut tut. I find the picture you paint of Sansa slightly self-serving. She sits back, removed from the action, awaiting an opening which might allow her to strike against us rather than, she's busy, or sleeping. Better than random might still be poor play, and your vote seems as opportunistic as you would accuse others of being, searching for a reason rather than coping with a lack of evidence.

I think my vote might flutter back to perch on your shoulder Eddard Stark.

Sorry Varys, I think I know where you're coming from here, but do you mind rephrasing your case in non-RP speak, because I'm not totally sure what you're saying.

You are all correct, I do not have much of anything on anyone. Varys was an easy choice to put pressure on becaues he was quick to respond and was posting enough that you could find something "evil" about him.

Sansa's removal of her vote due to reasons of bandwagon does seem rather suspect, yet I feel like it has to do more with D1 jitters than the fear of a partner being lynched. If she was protecting Varys, she could have still waited longer and removed her vote without drawing suspicion. I don't feel like this latest move to Dany is grounded much either.

Although posting a lot may be a way for a FM to stay alive, I would still rather have a huge poster around than someone who is not communicating at all. The more posts, the greater chance to catch someone in a lie.

For this reason and the fact I may not be able to get back on before night falls, I will remove vote.

I will keep up as much as possible over the next 10 hours and try to post when work allows.

Why not vote for a low poster then?

Jeeeze, I am afraid to answer you now as any answer is putting too much effort into responding. :rolleyes:

4 people asked me a question, I responded once, with just one post. How much effort is that really?

And I did explain my case is not OMGUS, it is based on his over reaction.

yeh, responses to cases are generally pointless and a distraction (unless the case involves a very specific point of fact), it's just FM are more tempted to defend themselves. And I know you said your case wasn't OMGUS; I just didn't believe you :)

Arya, you are confusing me. You write my first vote being a joke when writing under Renly, but then later on say you don't know why I voted for him. Then you don't know why I took it off. I explained previously thin the same post that I removed my vote because I would rather vote off someone hiding behind few posts than someone who posts a lot. At least with a large number of posts we can find fault with them later on.

And here I am, still posting as much as possible. I'm happy to say your gut is wrong in my case.

I am still going to remain voteless.

Yes, please explain why you think it's better to not be voting.

Okay, at the moment I like Arya and wouldn't vote her off today - same for Renly, and Varys, though less confident of their innocence - especially Varys could be a clever FM.

Eddard feels suspicious to my gut, particularly for his comment that we were still in RP 10 hours into the game without seeming to do much to change that. Like he wants inno-points for being keen to get to serious stuff.

Drogo would be in my trusted list but for a niggling doubt that his comment about the FM having more to fear from the berserker (which I think is fair - the berserker is more likely to hurt us than the FM, but our individual lives still matter less) might reveal that the FM had thought about it in their cave and that was why it was foremost in Drogy-bear's thinking.

Still find Sansa overdefensive.

Dany - suspicious for the reasons people have mentioned, and for extreme overdefensiveness - seems like her only non-flippant comments are to defend herself. May well be a newbie inno, but that's not a good enough reason not to find her suspicious.

Cersei is annoying, because her case against Drogo was pretty poor.

Ros - seems to be exuding feigned confidence over decision not to vote (that decision is itself unhelpful and obstructive)

To summarise:

Most suspicious -

Dany, Ros, Sansa

Eddard, Cersei, Drogo,

Varys, Renly,

Arya

Least suspicious.

Everyone else hasn't really impinged on me yet. I will be voting Dany

Would you have rathered me put a vote on someone when I do not have a good reason(although some of you feel strongly one way or another)? By saying I may not be around later was a convenience to all of you, not a "pre-packaged" excuse.

As others have said, yes this is exactly what we would have rathered.

I don't like Jorah. He seems suspicious. STOP BEING SO USELESS, JORAH!

NO! :)

Dany - suspicious for the reasons people have mentioned, and for extreme overdefensiveness - seems like her only non-flippant comments are to defend herself. May well be a newbie inno, but that's not a good enough reason not to find her suspicious.

So? How does that make me a FM?

Okay, at the moment I like Arya and wouldn't vote her off today - same for Renly, and Varys, though less confident of their innocence - especially Varys could be a clever FM.

Why do you trust Renly?

vomit

hater

convenient

DIE JORAH DIE

I don't like Petyr either, as much as everyone wants to get in Dany's tunnel of love perhaps the vision should expand?

Sorry Varys, I think I know where you're coming from here, but do you mind rephrasing your case in non-RP speak, because I'm not totally sure what you're saying.

I'll rephrase it for you then, in a language maybe more to your liking;

But Sansa's is the most concerning to me. She withdrew her vote from "bandwagon" unnecessarily, then disappeared. Tho we are into RP she made no attempt to assist the innos by placing her vote elsewhere. Instead she's sitting back looking for perhaps a more opportune time to place her vote. As far as Day 1 goes, that's better than random.org.

Sansa Stark

If you look at this case it's similar to Arya's case on Ros. Removed vote and left. But Arya's case on Ros has an actual basis, as Ros said she might me busy the rest of the day and is now delaying her vote. This is suspicious, fair enough. Sansa's removal of the vote in itself might be suspicious, but the rest of Eddard's case is made up. He can't know if Sansa went to sleep, to work or when she'll return. He's characterizing her as lurking, though. I find this suspicious, as it's unnecessarily seasoning a day one case to make it look more substantial. Day one cases don't really have to be substantial, but it's a tell to try and make them so to appear more active, inquisitive, helpful or what-have-you.

As for Sansa/Dany, our maiden flavors of the day, I find the later more suspicious than the former. Our horse lady sticks to her swords and remains aloof before our accusations. Yet the swords she sticks to are still sheathed. She has made many enemies, but not a single foe. May-hap she'll accuse someone of something soon lest the choice thinners further!

Sansa is also a feisty lass, yet more of my liking. Disregarding her vote removal, I find nothing else overtly suspicious about her. She defends against her accusers with the countenance of one innocent.

Our Lord Baelysh played the fool in the morn and has since then payed little attention to matters of mafia, content to let others carry the brunt of decision-making. Surely 'counting coppers' and the business of the King's Council have kept him busy? I anxiously await his return, as his wit, when absent, is always missed.

Ser Jaime Lannister and Khal Drogo also seem silent, when they're usually vociferous. May-hap our courtly talk suits them less well than the cries of the battlefield? Cry out then! In this battlefield of words it oft helps to be loud!

You will have your vote at the end of this.

Renly: only posted once (that's the low poster)

Jorah: still waiting for a bit more posts and like cersie, I am curious why you posted a vote of confidence on Renly when he hasn't said much and no one has really talked about him.

Varys: I have to say, kinda like this guy. Yes my first vote was initially a joke and then I kept it on mainly because I couldn't find a reason to take it off. I removed it because he creates conversation which is helpful

Dany: everyone is a hater but she does seem to be putting her head out there a lot for a FM and even a lot for a symp. I don't know why a symp would try so hard to move votes around or draw them to herself when no one is really close to the 8 votes (I am referring to times before dany had this many votes).

I am not ready to put a vote on Dany and I want to hear more from Renly so that's my vote. It would be great for more pressure than myself on him.

I vote for Renly (seacreast: I don't know how to bold my vote with my phone but this is a serious vote). Again: I vote Renly

As for Sansa/Dany, our maiden flavors of the day, I find the later more suspicious than the former. Our horse lady sticks to her swords and remains aloof before our accusations. Yet the swords she sticks to are still sheathed. She has made many enemies, but not a single foe. May-hap she'll accuse someone of something soon lest the choice thinners further!

I've been waiting to see what other kind of responses I get. The more people who comment on me, the more opinions I might be able to form.

That being said, it is getting close to deadline so here is what I think.

I think Daeneris is trying to imitate unJon's early play in game 78: lynch hungry and indifferent to signs of innocence or guilt. But she looks so less natural.

Sansa is also suspicious, but one tier lower.

No opinion about the rest yet.

Lazy vote. He's done nothing else all day. He came on, threw in a "he's imitating someone else's play" then disappeared. This rings my bells because it's not a good case. It's making a massive assumption that as a FM, I'm purposely throwing myself out there so I can look like unJon even though unJon wasn't considered innocent by most until well after day 1. His play significantly improved from day 2 onward and that's when most people thought he was innocent. So it's a bad case made on a bad assumption with nothing following it.

Em, someone here asked me before whether my vote against Dany had been serious or not. So, at first it was just a random choice, it's clear, but now I don't feel inclined to change it, because this person's demeanour seems unreasonable and also a bit nervous to me. For example, there came a long post from Arya Stark addressing Dany containing a lot of reasoning and ending with the question "Would you tell us who your masters are?" or something like this, and her only answer to this was "no". Actually most of the mafia games that I've played before were the "live" once, and there such an answer could certainly mean that the person is being nervous and not knowing what's the better way to act, which usually meant that he was mafia. But it's also a likely behaviour for a novice, though.

I also have a question to, if I remember it right, Eddard Stark. Was it you who's written that it was not a big danger for the FM clan to lose it's member in the first day? It just seems a bit strange to me, because in the games I took part in before (on another forum) that kinda thing was usually quite a threat.

Another thing that I'd like to know: What's the usual proportion of the FM players in the game(if there is one, of course)?

I actually think he's innocent. I don't think a FM would ask what the usual proportion of FM players are in the game on thread, especially if they haven't played here much. I also don't think anyone would really associate my play with a novice.

Hate hate hate this post. It was a gross misrepresentation of my position.

Peytr Baelish

Eddard feels suspicious to my gut, particularly for his comment that we were still in RP 10 hours into the game without seeming to do much to change that. Like he wants inno-points for being keen to get to serious stuff.

Drogo would be in my trusted list but for a niggling doubt that his comment about the FM having more to fear from the berserker (which I think is fair - the berserker is more likely to hurt us than the FM, but our individual lives still matter less) might reveal that the FM had thought about it in their cave and that was why it was foremost in Drogy-bear's thinking.

Still find Sansa overdefensive.

Ros - seems to be exuding feigned confidence over decision not to vote (that decision is itself unhelpful and obstructive)

To summarise:

Most suspicious -

Dany, Ros, Sansa

Eddard, Cersei, Drogo,

Varys, Renly,

Arya

Least suspicious.

Too many overdefensives. It's a shitty reason and it requires you to have no actual opinion. You just say "she's overdefensive" and it's covered. I want to know how I'm overdefensive and how my posts at all indicate me being a FM.

The other thing that somewhat bothers me about this post is the general list nature of it without any huge opinions. "Cersei is annoying". "Drogo would be on my trusted list but he's not because of a niggling of doubt that he's afraid of berserkers". "Eddard feels suspicious from my gut".

That language bothers me and none of the insights are well, insightful.

So my choice of votes are Peytr, Tyrion and Jorah.

tier 1: Eddard; Daenerys; Ros (I am not sure if it is the play style yet or the actual content, I just get bad vibes from her)

tier 2: everyone else

tier 3: Arya and Varys. most likely to be innocent

tier 4: Sansa Stark

Only ones I m not willing to vote, at this time, are Arya and Varys. I just don't think they are guilty. Anyone else is fine.

O-ok.

This post moves you somewhat higher in my tiers, thought still lower than Dayny. I see no original thought.

And I get no idea what a case on Ros is - could you explain why she is on your tier 1? Everebody else, please, keep being silent, I want Sansa's opinion.

Archived