Mafia Game 79 - Game of Thrones Finale Party!

House Targaryen

Tyrion, you are still being very tight with your own opinions.

Surprise, surprise!

Would you mind giving us your tiers, with reasons?

As you like it.

Tier 1: Dayeneris, who is digging her own grave extremely actively.

Tier 2: none.

Tier 2.5: Sansa, who was in lesser tier until her last post, which I've explained why I disliked.

Tier 3: you, because I should learn to suspect players suspecting me for a very weak reasons. I lost a lot of games because of PIing my accusers. Last one, definitely.

And Eddard, for suggesting random.org and generally gut.

Tier 4: everybody else.

Well, at least you put yourself as a possible lynch candidate. Can I help you with the noose?

I'm fine with switching to Dany if for no other reason than she's unhelpful. Ditto for Ros. How does not voting help?

This sounds like you consider Dany and Ros more unhelpful than suspicious. Do you have suspicions on anyone other than Sansa? I can't recall you stating them anywhere.

Also, can anyone tell me the best way to view a player's posts in isolation?

Upper right corner there is a wheel next to search bar. It goes to an advanced search. Go there, type in their full name (including the . if there is one) in the Authors then select display as posts.

The best way to re-read a player's posts is by using the search feature.

1) Look to the top right hand corner of the screen. Next to the Google search (and a little bit underneath your username), you should see a small symbol that looks like a wheel or a snowflake. Click on that.

2) It should take you here.

3) In the "Find Author" field, type in the full name of the player who you want to re-read.

4) Scroll down to the section that says "Display results". Change that to "As posts" by clicking on the radio button next to that option.

5) Click "Search Now."

This Guide origonaly posted by WJ last game.

This sounds like you consider Dany and Ros more unhelpful than suspicious. Do you have suspicions on anyone other than Sansa? I can't recall you stating them anywhere.

True on all counts. My general feeling is that D1 is a crap shoot at best, thus random.org regardless of other's opinions. Some players feel that too much effort on D1 is a waste of time anyway. I do tend to get tunnel-visioned, but at this early stage there is usually so little to go on that you just hang your case on what you can. I'll have a bit of time to review the cases but at this point if not Sansa then we might as well lynch a low poster.

In the upper right corner is a little "gear box" icon. This takes you to the advanced search function. Put the players name in the "author" (don't forget some have periods) and limit it to the date range of the game. Choose "Show as posts"

'Tis a dangerous game you play, though!

I don't really agree that Petyr and Tyrion were misrepresenting you, given your willfulness. He who sets a trap for a bear might also catch a rabbit. Their play has been pretty laid back, though, and though not an entirely unfair one, you were certainly the target I would have jumped on if I was an evildoer wanting to pass through the first day as lightly as a summer breeze.

Ser Jorah Mormont might need a deeper look. A slaver once and a traitor after. His posts do seem slightly superficial, though a lack of time might seem that way as much as a lack of commitment.

I would like to know your thoughts on Eddard Stark. I made my case, and, if only to politely disagree with it if that is your feeling, I would hear your comment and that of the Lady Cersei.

I read your case and agree with it. The biggest issue I have with it is the lurking comment as you stated. There was no evidence of her lurking and I get the feeling he was just padding out the case. I would vote him.

Baelish:

Not the stratagy I'd be endorsing while leading the vote count, but whatever, works for me.

Don't have a great deal of time right now, but I am inclined to keep my vote right where it is. My reasons for diliking her have already been touched on. I didn't appreciate the lynch everyone and let The Seven sort 'em out approach she took, especially since she found issue with Sansa's vote removal. None of Dany's responses have felt all that genuine. Suffices to say Dany will do unless a better ooption presents itself. I will be back well before the lynch deadline.

I don't understand these two posts. The first one (in response to Dany's explanation of her switch to the person with the highest number of votes) sounds like you didn't have a problem with her explanation of her blatantly jumping to whoever's got the most votes. The second one says the opposite.

I read your case and agree with it. The biggest issue I have with it is the lurking comment as you stated. There was no evidence of her lurking and I get the feeling he was just padding out the case. I would vote him.

I didn't say she was lurking. I said that she removed her vote when it was not necessary and thereby did not help with the building of pressure on other suspects. My god people, we have like 2.5 hours left and she hasn't voted. That looks suspicious as I said, it looks as tho she is reserving her vote for an opportunity.

So? How does that make me a FM?

As I said before, FM are more concerned with not being killed, so they are more likely to be defensive. It's also the case that it is far easier for an FM to answer a case on themself than to fabricate a fictitious case.

Too many overdefensives. It's a shitty reason and it requires you to have no actual opinion. You just say "she's overdefensive" and it's covered. I want to know how I'm overdefensive and how my posts at all indicate me being a FM.

The other thing that somewhat bothers me about this post is the general list nature of it without any huge opinions. "Cersei is annoying". "Drogo would be on my trusted list but he's not because of a niggling of doubt that he's afraid of berserkers". "Eddard feels suspicious from my gut".

That language bothers me and none of the insights are well, insightful.

So my choice of votes are Peytr, Tyrion and Jorah.

I clearly do have real opinions in there, you just picked the less strong ones. Anyway, overdefensiveness is a good tell, especially for day one. If you are innocent you are acting massively arrogant and annoying and I don't think particuarly helpful to the team, so frankly unless your playstyle changes (and that may be your plan for all I know) I could cope with you dying regardless of alignment. I still think you're an FM trying to bluster your way out of suspicion though.

I didn't say she was lurking. I said that she removed her vote when it was not necessary and thereby did not help with the building of pressure on other suspects. My god people, we have like 2.5 hours left and she hasn't voted. That looks suspicious as I said, it looks as tho she is reserving her vote for an opportunity.

Dude, I voted nearly 8 hours ago. I would never not vote on the back half of the day. I think you are merging me and Dany.

I'm not concerned about Varys changing his vote. His vote on me was an RP joke vote. I assumed it would be moved.

Dany's moves are a bit more suspicious to me. And her follow up explanations haven't clarified her shift. It sucessfully drew attention to herself and off of Varys. Possible sympy symp.

But Sansa's is the most concerning to me. She withdrew her vote from "bandwagon" unnecessarily, then disappeared. Tho we are into RP she made no attempt to assist the innos by placing her vote elsewhere. Instead she's sitting back looking for perhaps a more opportune time to place her vote. As far as Day 1 goes, that's better than random.org.

Sansa Stark

Fair enough. That's how I read the underlined part. I can see you not meaning lurking though so I somewhat retract my statement.

Other than Sansa, who else are you suspicious of? You said you'd vote Ros and myself to get a lynch but never that you were suspicious of us.

It is day 1.

14 players remain: Arya Stark, Cersei Lannister, Daenerys Targaryen, Eddard Stark, Jaime Lannister, Jorah Mormont, Khal Drogo, Lord Varys, Petyr Baelish, Renly Baratheon, Ros, Sansa Stark, Syrio Forel, Tyrion Lannister..

8 votes are needed for a conviction or 7 to go to night.

5 votes for Daenerys Targaryen (Jaime Lannister, Petyr Baelish, Arya Stark, Tyrion Lannister., Jorah Mormont)

2 votes for Sansa Stark (Khal Drogo, Eddard Stark)

1 vote for Eddard Stark (Lord Varys)

1 vote for Jorah Mormont (Cersei Lannister)

1 vote for Lord Varys (Renly Baratheon)

1 vote for Petyr Baelish (Daenerys Targaryen)

1 vote for Renly Baratheon (Ros)

1 vote for Ros (Syrio Forel)

1 players have not voted: Sansa Stark.

approx 3 hours 40 mins

Dude, I voted nearly 8 hours ago. I would never not vote on the back half of the day. I think you are merging me and Dany.

The last Seacrest vote count, 1.5 hours ago, says differently.

As I said before, FM are more concerned with not being killed, so they are more likely to be defensive. It's also the case that it is far easier for an FM to answer a case on themself than to fabricate a fictitious case.

That's absolute rubbish. Innocents are concerned with not dying as well, mainly because they are the only person that they know is truly innocent.

I clearly do have real opinions in there, you just picked the less strong ones. Anyway, overdefensiveness is a good tell, especially for day one. If you are innocent you are acting massively arrogant and annoying and I don't think particuarly helpful to the team, so frankly unless your playstyle changes (and that may be your plan for all I know) I could cope with you dying regardless of alignment. I still think you're an FM trying to bluster your way out of suspicion though.

You do realize that I posted 5 out of 6 of the suspicions that you posted right? The only one that I didn't comment on was your post about Ros "feigning confidence over not voting".

But ok. If you want to vote me because of my play style, by all means go ahead. That won't change today.

Can everyone please post their tiers? We're down to three hours, and I have to go cook soon. Which could take up to an hour, or may only take a few minutes here and there. Haven't read the recipe yet!

Also, please break it down into "Want to lynch", "Will lynch" and "Won't lynch"?

Honestly, I have no idea who I actually want to lynch today, their are a lot of people who are total blank spots, but for the heck of it:

Want to lynch: Eddard, Jorah*, Baelish, Ros

Willing to lynch: Cersei, Jaime, Varys, Renly, Sansa, Tyrion

Vaguely willing to lynch but would prefer not to:Dany

Don't want to lynch: Arya, Drogo

*I agree with those who found his trust of Renly weird.

The last Seacrest vote count, 1.5 hours ago, says differently.

Her posts suggest otherwise. And actually, so do yours.

Since when is removing a joke vote a suspicious act?

Eddard Stark

Sorry but this is not OMGUS. This is based on you creating a case based on my removal of a joke vote. It is your reaction to that that really bothers me.

And you need to explain the part I underlined. Dany is more suspicious, but you voted me?

You knew you were going to be back before the end of day. Not voting is not helpful.

At the time we were discussing three suspects. Dany is more suspicious than Varys. You were the most suspicious (and thereby ordered in the paragraphs last) and thus received my vote.

And yes, this looks like OMGUS. Two votes and you're already squirming?

You responded to her vote.

Archived