8 replies to this topic

#1 The late lady stark

The late lady stark

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:06 PM

Does anyone else find it odd that Frey has one pretty daughter? Maybe she's not that stunning and just benefits from the company of ugly women--or low expectations. But still it seemed odd that with all her sisters, etc being from such a shallow end of the gene pool that
Spoiler

What do you think, we will hear from or of her again?

#2 Malkan

Malkan

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:21 PM

she probably is

Spoiler

#3 Reyne

Reyne

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:33 PM

Does anyone else find it odd that Frey has one pretty daughter? Maybe she's not that stunning and just benefits from the company of ugly women--or low expectations. But still it seemed odd that with all her sisters, etc being from such a shallow end of the gene pool that

Spoiler

I've found it a bit interesting that all the semi-'good' Freys are from his sixth wife (Bethany of House Rosby.) You have Olyvar, Roslin, and Perwyn.

I do hope we'll end up with Lord Olyvar of the Twins, but GRRM probably won't give us that.

And on the spoilers

Spoiler

Edited by Reyne, 11 August 2011 - 01:34 PM.

#4 7V3N

7V3N

Balancing Act

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,631 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:27 PM

I think he has some fair-looking daughters/granddaughters, simply because (as Catelyn said) he could make in army of only his kin. I think Roslyn must be decent, but Edmure shows so much relief and surprise because most of the Frey women are ugly or fat.

#5 Silmarien

Silmarien

Council Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:17 PM

Spoiler

Well, with 50 odd daughters and granddaughters, chances are at least one will end up decent looking (take after their mother instead of weasely Walder Frey). I think the point of the Freys offering Edmure the most comely available Frey female is so that he would be enraptured with his bride, instead of unhappy, which would've put Edmure and others more on edge, and possibly ruined the Frey's surprise attack. Especially if Edmure had gotten angry, refused the marriage, and everybody in the party tried to leave The Twins - if he had, the chances of anybody getting close enough to Robb Stark to kill him would be dramatically reduced, as all would be on their guard, and likely would've armed themselves.

#6 trueWaif

trueWaif

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:02 AM

You know, that was what actually upset me about that chapter. I was expecting
Spoiler

I don't know if all that had to be in a spoiler thing but better safe than sorry i guess.

Edited by trueWaif, 09 January 2012 - 01:08 AM.

#7 Rodrigo Baldin

Rodrigo Baldin

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:07 AM

It's a nice thought... about Roslin be somebody else but a Frey.

However, she would be dead at the end of the book if this is true.

Actually makes more sense if she is a Frey and to keep Edmure alive to give Freys an heir. Stupid plan, but Walder is stupid anyway...

#8 SI Monster

SI Monster

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:28 PM

You know what they say about everybody has 'one' in the family? Look at the Starks, noble, pragmatic, stoic and close to devoid of humor... and then there's Sansa. The Lannisters, caniving, short tempered and vindictive... and then there's Tyrion. The Greyjoys, Viking pirates.... and then there's Theon. So the chance of having one, and sofar only one, comely Frey is not so surprising. It's just sad that Edmure stuck a fish in her while everybody else got stabbed with swords, arrows and pikes.

#9 Ser Malthred Stark

Ser Malthred Stark

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:13 PM

You know what they say about everybody has 'one' in the family? Look at the Starks, noble, pragmatic, stoic and close to devoid of humor... and then there's Sansa. The Lannisters, caniving, short tempered and vindictive... and then there's Tyrion. The Greyjoys, Viking pirates.... and then there's Theon. So the chance of having one, and sofar only one, comely Frey is not so surprising. It's just sad that Edmure stuck a fish in her while everybody else got stabbed with swords, arrows and pikes.

He didn't know what was going on,
Spoiler