Dragons CAN be warged

Gronzag

Proof:

“No,” said Jojen, “only a boy who dreams. The greenseers were more than that. They were wargs as well, as you are, and the greatest of them could wear the skins of any beast that flies or swims or crawls, and could look through the eyes of the weirwoods as well, and see the truth that lies beneath the world.

"could" may mean past tense

"could" may have conditions, such as that the greenseer needs to have developed a strong bond with the dragon from the time it was young.

Jojen may not consider a dragon to be a 'beast'.

Jojen could be mistaken

Jojen could have known there were unwargables, but saw no reason to bother adding a minor exception like "any beast except dragons, krakens and earthworms" (if those happened to be the 3 unwargables)

Maybe there is a winged wolf after all :lol: but i know what you mean, their skins could be worn

There is a winged wolf. In AGOT 17 Bran got his wings:

<Bran spread his arms and flew. Wings unseen drank the wind and filled and pulled him upward. (...) "I'm flying!", he cried out in delight.>

And of course Bran flies again in ADWD, when he flies using ravens.

I'm not sure he can skinchange into a dragon. GRRM isn't telling so we'll have to wait and be surprised :drunk:

There is a winged wolf. In AGOT 17 Bran got his wings:

<Bran spread his arms and flew. Wings unseen drank the wind and filled and pulled him upward. (...) "I'm flying!", he cried out in delight.>

And of course Bran flies again in ADWD, when he flies using ravens.

I'm not sure he can skinchange into a dragon. GRRM isn't telling so we'll have to wait and be surprised :drunk:

I meant a literal one :lol:

I meant a literal one :lol:

Yes, I thought so. Somehow I doubt GRRM is into creating magical beasts apart from dragons. He seems to be very reluctant at introducing too much magic.

The way I see it, everything can be warged.

Ask not "Can X be warged?" but "How powerful must a warg be to warg X?"

Technically, no. Warging is the term used only for entering the skin of a wolf. Skinchanging is used for other living beings.

From the Citadel here at westeros.org:

<Skinchanger is a general term, and all wargs are skinchangers. However, a warg is a skinchanger who is bound to a wolf and not some other creature (II: 561, 697. SSM: 1, 2)>

Technically, no. Warging is the term used only for entering the skin of a wolf. Skinchanging is used for other living beings.

From the Citadel here at westeros.org:

<Skinchanger is a general term, and all wargs are skinchangers. However, a warg is a skinchanger who is bound to a wolf and not some other creature (II: 561, 697. SSM: 1, 2)>

I stand corrected. Will edit my post asap.

"could" may mean past tense

"could" may have conditions, such as that the greenseer needs to have developed a strong bond with the dragon from the time it was young.

Jojen may not consider a dragon to be a 'beast'.

Jojen could be mistaken

Jojen could have known there were unwargables, but saw no reason to bother adding a minor exception like "any beast except dragons, krakens and earthworms" (if those happened to be the 3 unwargables)

Here's an interesting moment from Tyrion in ADWD when he's thinking about the Valyrian Freehold:

The Freehold’s grasp had reached as far as Dragonstone, but never to the mainland of Westeros itself. Odd, that. Dragonstone is no more than a rock. The wealth was farther west, but they had dragons. Surely they knew that it was there.

A pretty valid reading of that passage could be that the Valyrians avoided Westeros because they feared those with the blood of the First Men, as they knew about skinchangers.

There are hints that Dany is skin-chaning her dragons-she is depressed after chaining them up, Drogon appears when she finally gets angry and throws off her tokar at the fighting pits and again when she meets the Dothraki.

I'm skeptical those incidents can be explained by skinchanging.

Archived