Tyrion's acts of kindness/guidance to major characters.

SerWest

Tyrion has displayed quite a few acts of kindness/good faith to a few major characters:

Jon: Gave him advice on how to cope with being a bastard and finding his identity.

Bran: Designs a saddle for him to ride after he is crippled.

Sansa: Always treated her with kindness at court. Didn't consumate their forced marriage.

Aegon: Gave him the idea to be his own king and go to Westeros instead of meeting Daenerys.

Will one of these kind acts help set up a brighter future for Tyrion? Or is he doomed to keep going through experiences like Blackwater? Doing way more for people than others ever give him credit for.

Also, let me know if i missed any other major acts of kindness/guidance done by Tyrion.

Sansa: Always treated her with kindness at court despite all that Cersei did to her. Didn't consumate their marriage.

What does this even mean? Despite all that Cersei did to her? *is confused*

Aegon: Gave him the idea to be his own king and go to Westeros instead of meeting Daenerys.

This may not have been an act of kindness at all. It may actually end up being terrible advice that sets up a conflict between Aegon and Dany where there may have been an alliance.

However, I think his assistance to the members of the Stark family will come back to his benefit. Not sure how yet, but perhaps he will help build an alliance between Jon and Dany.

Forcing her to almost marry Joffery (a psychopath), forcing her to marry Tyrion, tons of emotional abuse, etc...

The engagement with Joffrey was Robert Baratheon idea.

The marriage with Tyrion was Tywin idea.

Has for the kind acts of Tyrion: i hope he atleast has a quick death at the scaffold, preferably with an executioner that can make quick executions.

He saved Jorah from eventually dying in fighting pits by convincing that he was a part of their mummer's show. Up to this point Mormont was nothing but distant and cruel to him, he had no real reason to save him, nothing to gain from it.

I see.

And it's rather odd to argue that Tyrion was always nice to Sansa since he agreed to marry her against her will, which by every account is a huge transgression, and "being nice" is hardly what I call "not going through with marital rape". Isn't that counted under normal human decency? It should be.

But why is Tyrion kind to Sansa "despite" this?

Should he be nastier to her because of Cersei being nasty? I don't get it.

I'm not sure why we're arguing over semantics here. The point is that Tyrion could have consummated their marriage which would have taken away her maidenhood. This was something he was entitled to as her official husband, but never went through with because he knew her feelings about it. How many men in Westeros would have done the same?

How many men in Westeros would have done the same?

Ned, Stannis, Davos, Robb, Jon, Bronze Yohn, Doran Martell, Garlan Tyrell and those are just off the top of my head. But then I doubt they would participate in the forced marriage of a child prisoner in the first place.

Not to mention threatening her safety in front of her when sending Cleos Frey North. Also although he stopped one beating, he did nothing to stop all the beatings that were going on for months before.

Because he...wasn't there? How on earth can you hold him accountable for that?

I think we should give medals to everyone who fails to rape crying 13 years old girl who had her first period like weeks ago. It IS a club where Drogo wouldn't be welcomed to, together with Biter and few others I can think of. Some sort of "I am better human than Gregor Clegane" badge of honour.

ETA; Hell, Jaime did refuse to marry on his father's order, but since you know he'd happily cut off your appendages or toss you from a window if Cersei asks nicely, I am not sure if he should get that medal.

Ned, Stannis, Davos, Robb, Jon, Bronze Yohn, Doran Martell, Garlan Tyrell and those are just off the top of my head. But then I doubt they would participate in the forced marriage of a child prisoner in the first place.

The point is, those are only a few men out of the entirety of Westeros. Not all men hold regards to their honor or the honor of a lady. It seems you're going out of your way to deny Tyrion of any praise for the good things he has done....

I see.

And it's rather odd to argue that Tyrion was always nice to Sansa since he agreed to marry her against her will, which by every account is a huge transgression, and "being nice" is hardly what I call "not going through with marital rape". Isn't that counted under normal human decency? It should be.

It was either marry Sansa or have her shipped off to some other Lannister or Westerlands bannerman, with no guarantee they'd be nice. Tyrion was completely strong-armed into the marriage.

And sure, that is common human decency but by the time it came to the marriage the only two options where sleep with Sansa/not sleep with her. I don't see how you can blame Tyrion for not being nice enough when he chose the only reasonable option out of two choices.

Because he...wasn't there? How on earth can you hold him accountable for that?

He was Hand of the King and he knew about the beatings. He says to Cersei that Myrcella will be treated better than Sansa. Also Sansa being beaten was done by all the Kingsguard and common knowledge.

I must have missed where Ned and Cat had a lengthy courtship ritual and fell in love then got married, or the scene where Robb met the Frey girls before agreeing to a betrothal to make sure they were willing... etc.

Marrying for love is rarely done. And when it does happen as in Lyanna/Rhaegar, Robb, etc then it seems to mostly turn out badly. Tyrion was forced into it as much as Sansa was.

A good deed is a good deed, doesn't matter what someone else would have done.....If you find someone's wallet and give it back to them with everything returned, is that not a good deed? Sure others would have done the same as you, but they weren't in that situation, YOU were. It was your choice to make, and you made the right one.

The point is, those are only a few men out of the entirety of Westeros. Not all men hold regards to their honor or the honor of a lady. It seems you're going out of your way to deny Tyrion of any praise for the good things he has done....

Only a few men would not commit marital rape on an underage hostage forcibly married to them?

Please try again.

I must have missed where Ned and Cat had a lengthy courtship ritual and fell in love then got married, or the scene where Robb met the Frey girls before agreeing to a betrothal to make sure they were willing... etc.

Marrying for love is rarely done. And when it does happen as in Lyanna/Rhaegar, Robb, etc then it seems to mostly turn out badly. Tyrion was forced into it as much as Sansa was.

1, Ned and Cat was an arranged marriage, not a FORCED marriage. They both wanted to the best of it.

Sansa was an underage hostage who was forced to marry Tyrion under duress, as Cersei threatened to drag her to the altar not matter what.

2. No he was not forced into at the point of a sword. Reread the novels and you'll see this is absolutely not the case. Tywin and Kevan convinces him.

Please try again.

Archived