Ser Robert Strong = Azor Ahai Reborn

High Septon Ramsay

Alright, this one's pretty obvious, so I'm sure there are threads that have brought it up before. I couldn't find one, though, so I made this post.

Ser Robert Strong, a.k.a. UnGregor, is none other than Azor Ahai, reborn. This is the AA prophecy.

"When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone."

Lemme break it down.

"When the red star bleeds"

- The sigil of house Martell is a red sun. A sun is a star. The red star bleeding refers to the bloody death of Oberyn Martell.

"and the darkness gathers"

- from ASoS: "

The day was grey and windy. The sun was struggling to break through the clouds"

"Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke"

- "As he drew back his huge fist, the blood on his gauntlet seemed to smoke in the cold dawn air."

"and salt"

- The salt from Ellaria Sand's tears and Tyrion's salty, vomitted breakfast make up this part of the prophecy

"Ellaria Sand wailed in terror, and Tyrion's breakfast came boiling back up"

"bacon and sausage and applecakes, and that double helping of fried eggs cooked up with onions and fiery Dornish peppers"

"to wake dragons out of stone"

- This hasn't happened yet, but then again, he's pretty much just been reborn.

These clues all lead up to the fact that Gregor Clegane has been, in a fashion, resurrected by Qyburn. For what purpose? To atone for his sins and become the hero Westeros needs, obviously.

:bs:

I think mods should pin up a trolling thread, so that people can have their fun as they like. This just seems a lot of time waste for people who are, well, not looking for trolls on this forum. A little laugh here and there can't hurt but seriously people, stop making such useless threads. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

I think mods should pin up a trolling thread, so that people can have their fun as they like. This just seems a lot of time waste for people who are, well, not looking for trolls on this forum. A little laugh here and there can't hurt but seriously people, stop making such useless threads. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

I don't know, I've seen wackier theories. I like it.

Im not sure who made you troll cop. This topic and who this poster thinks is AA is just as good and as any other theories out there. We dont have enough information yet to decide who is the PTWP or AA yet so all we have is people guessing.

I don't know, I've seen wackier theories. I like it.

Everyone is allowed to have an opinion. I can respect this.

Im not sure who made you troll cop. This topic and who this poster thinks is AA is just as good and as any other theories out there. We dont have enough information yet to decide who is the PTWP or AA yet so all we have is people guessing.

Nobody made me a troll cop, the post looked like a troll to me so I gave an opinion. The forum is for that particular use only, if you haven't noticed.

To OP, maybe my choice of words was wrong, if so , my apologies. :(

Everyone is allowed to have an opinion. I can respect this.

Nobody made me a troll cop, the post looked like a troll to me so I gave an opinion. The forum is for that particular use only, if you haven't noticed.

To OP, maybe my choice of words was wrong, if so , my apologies. :(

Im not the OP but I thought you came on strong. Then I will apologize too. A little politeness goes a long way in this world.

The prophecy is ambiguous and the text can be interpreted in such a way the any number of characters fit the prophecy (Dany, Jon, Davos, Sandor etc and as OP pointed out Robert Strong). The thing that makes me doubt it's Robert Strong is that he seems to be nothing more than a mindless puppet of Qyburn's.

This theory is as good as any I've read. At this point nobody knows if AA and PTWP are the same or not and if they have to be on board of the more or less good ones.

By now we simply know GRRM loves to play with his readers riddling about thinks and leaving a bunch of traces in his stories which do not necessarily lead to the coming plot.

I actually like this theory.

But for me, at least one of the heros expected will turn out as a monster straight from the seven hells. So if Robert (Frankenstein) Strong turns out as it, I doubt he'll be back for atonement. Maybe even his brain is not the one of Gregor - wasn't his skull cleaned and sent to Dorne? If I recall it correctly there were more than one body looted for this Frankenstein ...

I like this idea, it's a lot different to the usual Jon/Dany/Victarion=AAR drawl we see every day.

However the thing to me that points against it is Bran's dream in aGoT, where he sees "a giant in armour made of stone (aka Robert Strong), but when he opened his visor, there was nothing inside but darkness and thick black blood." Kind of contrasting to the champion of the Lord of Light..

This could just as easily be a reference for Tyrion being AAR. Gregor provided the smoke, but according to you, Tyrion provides the salt. Sure he wasn't turned into an undead abomination, but he did undergo a massive life changing event.

Maybe even his brain is not the one of Gregor - wasn't his skull cleaned and sent to Dorne? If I recall it correctly there were more than one body looted for this Frankenstein ...

I think that it is quite likely that the skull sent to Dorne wasn't Gregor's, but is instead from one of the dwarf heads that was brought to Cersei.

Archived