Dany's death!

Victarion Steel

As much as I hate Dany, and wish for her to die a slow and painful death--followed by Jorah taking her point of view--she has too much potential in the series to die. The past few books she's been amassing her forces. She's been away from all the action...all the cool action anyway. I can see her making a stand or something. I can at least see her sending her dragons past the wall to kill off all the wights. She may die, but she has to do something important first. That hasn't exactly come yet.

Killing Dany off would make me infinitely happy.

It won't happen, though.

GRRM has went the route of all OTHER fantasy riders, and decided to have a cliche hero take the cake and have everyone live happily ever after.

I mean, the mere IDEA of have a legitimate war between the Others and the rag-tag forces of Stannis Baratheon and the Night's Watch ended when "The Great Dany swoops down with her dragons and saves the day" disgusts me.

GRRM had potential with Viserys amassing an army and sailing back to Westeros. They'd just be another faction, which would certainly spice up the storyline.

GRRM had potential with Khal Drogo bringing a force to Westeros to raid it Mongolian-style. As like Viserys, they'd be another, interesting faction.

NOW, though, he gave Daenerys three somewhat omnipotent beings, giving her a significant boost of power above the rest of the Westerosi kingdoms.

From here on out, it doesn't what the Lannisters, the Baratheons, the Starks, the Martells, the Tyrells do. They're royally (pun intended) screwed.

Dany has become the hero. Dany is "supposed" to be the hero. It's no longer a matter of choice between who one WANTS to win the war. They're being forced to like Daenerys as the protagonist.

Knowing that she has forcibly become the underdog, we also know she, or at least her people, are going to win. That's it. No more suspense. No more plots. No more war.

Dany wins.

The End.

This is GRRM.. I suspect things wont turn it out that way... and don't forget the Maesters will be trying to kill her dragons as well. They might just succeed, who knows. And if the Othhers get an instakill like dragons, I will be suprised.. Melisandre can set things on fire, I don't see why some Other's couldn't be priests of the Great Other who can turn the dragon's to ice.

Killing Dany off would make me infinitely happy.

It won't happen, though.

GRRM has went the route of all OTHER fantasy riders, and decided to have a cliche hero take the cake and have everyone live happily ever after.

I mean, the mere IDEA of have a legitimate war between the Others and the rag-tag forces of Stannis Baratheon and the Night's Watch ended when "The Great Dany swoops down with her dragons and saves the day" disgusts me.

GRRM had potential with Viserys amassing an army and sailing back to Westeros. They'd just be another faction, which would certainly spice up the storyline.

GRRM had potential with Khal Drogo bringing a force to Westeros to raid it Mongolian-style. As like Viserys, they'd be another, interesting faction.

NOW, though, he gave Daenerys three somewhat omnipotent beings, giving her a significant boost of power above the rest of the Westerosi kingdoms.

From here on out, it doesn't what the Lannisters, the Baratheons, the Starks, the Martells, the Tyrells do. They're royally (pun intended) screwed.

Dany has become the hero. Dany is "supposed" to be the hero. It's no longer a matter of choice between who one WANTS to win the war. They're being forced to like Daenerys as the protagonist.

Knowing that she has forcibly become the underdog, we also know she, or at least her people, are going to win. That's it. No more suspense. No more plots. No more war.

Dany wins.

The End.

And while this is all very plausible... what exactly tells you it will turn out this way?

Maybe the dragons.... gasp! DIE.

And while this is all very plausible... what exactly tells you it will turn out this way?

Maybe the dragons.... gasp! DIE.

Eh. If GRRM killed off the dragons without them fulfilling their "purpose", that would make most of Dany's story useless, as many people have said before. Most of her chapters have been ABOUT the dragons. Why would GRRM put so much detail into that just to kill them off before they accomplished anything?

Hey guys I'm a newbie here so forgive me if this theory has already been brought up somewhere.

I think what's going to happen is Dany invades Westeros and ALMOST gets what she wants, total victory and all that. But what she doesn't realise is that there are wargs in Westeros. Bran has already been referred to by Jojen as the 'winged wolf', Jon can warg AND he's probably half a TARG. Theres Arya and maybe even Sansa as well. I haven't seen any evidence so far that her dragons are any different in intelligence than the direwolves.

I think that the three heads will be Dany, Bran and Jon. I think Dany will realise that she can either try and kill Jon and Bran who may have the potential to use her dragons against her, or she can form an alliance with the Starks, keeping Bran as King of Winterfell. If she continues on the path of being a whinging arrogant little snot then she'll probably try and kill them, and hopefully get eaten by one of her dragons being controlled by Bran in the process (one can only hope).

Eh. If GRRM killed off the dragons without them fulfilling their "purpose", that would make most of Dany's story useless, as many people have said before. Most of her chapters have been ABOUT the dragons. Why would GRRM put so much detail into that just to kill them off before they accomplished anything?

We don't know if their purpose has been fulfilled yet or not. Perhaps Daenerys only needed them to get where she is now. Perhaps she will need them at the end. We don't know.

We don't know if Daenerys is "the one" -- perhaps her only purpose is to bring a military force capable of stalling the Others into Westeros at the right time, whereafter she can die. Perhaps she's only meant to inspire someone else -- Jon, Bran, Arya, Sansa, Tyrion, to name a few possibilities -- into doing what needs to be done. (While she hasn't influenced them yet, nothing says she won't.)

My point is, we don't know. I am personally prepared for nothing when it comes to GRRM.

I think its safe to assume Euron may get one of her dragons, or maybe victarion. I mean we already had one horn which was built up but then nothing happened (horn of joramun) so I think this time the other horn will do something.

I don't think there's any overall meaning to Martin other than that it's the story of a bunch of people making decisions that affect other people. No one gets something just because they deserve it, or because they're a likable character. Dany will die if she does something stupid, like giving away her dragons. Justice isn't served, and the story goes on without her. Just like the rest of the books.

I believe Dany isn't going to die anytime soon. First of all she is the Younger and more Beautiful Queen who is going to cast Cersei down (it isn't Margaery). Not to mention that she is going to bring Cersei's valonqar back with her.

And as far as her having an easy time of taking over Westeros, I think there will be a big storyarc between Dany (the prince who was promised), Bran (the Warg) and the Crow's Eye (and his dragon controlling horn).

A while back when they were designing cards for the dragons in the GoT CCG, I think Martin asked them how the dragon cards could be properly balanced considering the fact that when they reach Westeros they'll be nearly unstoppable. Not if, when.

Maybe I'm misremembering that or maybe Martin has changed his mind since, but I'm pretty sure we didn't read about dragons this long only to have them snuffed out this early.

One dragon may die, or get dragonnapped, but all three are not going to get offed before they reach Westeros. We wouldn't have those delicious tales of Harrenhal being melted and the field of flame without getting to see a live version of something similar at some point.

Heck I wouldn't be surprised if it's the dragons that bring the Wall down. We assumed Dany would land near Dorne and potential supporters. Maybe she'll come from a different direction.

Trying to avoid all cliches is folly. You end up becoming predictable in your unpredictability. Sometimes you just need to put something in that simply kicks ass. Otherwise, what's the point of telling the story at all and printing all those books?

Dany will probably just go insane like Aerys, maybe Dany's whole story arch is to start a path a greatness then turn mad.

Remember What Selmy said about aery's reign starting out with great prmise, then delving into madness. Dany has already got the former, and I am sensing something of the latter in the Dance with Dragons sample.

I don't think Dany is going to swoop in and save the day, that would be much too obvious. How vulnerable are dragons? I really dont think they are the unstoppable force everyone thinks they are, especially considering they need a lot of time to grow yet.

Maybe Dany will die, Melisandre will give her life to resuscitate her and a powermonger monster will be born, at the head of one of the most powerful armies ever.

Wow, that would be pretty cool. Especially if Dany went targaryen-mad before she died, so she will be even loonier when she is reanimated.

I don't think Dany is going to swoop in and save the day, that would be much too obvious. How vulnerable are dragons? I really dont think they are the unstoppable force everyone thinks they are, especially considering they need a lot of time to grow yet.

I think full grown, they're pretty much gonna wreck anyone's day. Look at what Aegon did with his and that was only 300 years ago.

The thing I've been thinking about is, if the Others know they are vulnerable to things dragon-related perhaps they've cooked up a solution in their 8,000 years of brooding. Old Nan talks about the Others riding undead steeds and using spiders the size of hounds. Maybe the Others will have some kind of aerial suprise for their fire-breathing nemesis this time.

Didn't the horn that Euron have cause severe frost to the lips of the guy who blew it? I forget. If so, maybe he's gotten himself a horn that controls some kind of frost wyrm, and not the kind of dragons Dany has.

Didn't the horn that Euron have cause severe frost to the lips of the guy who blew it? I forget. If so, maybe he's gotten himself a horn that controls some kind of frost wyrm, and not the kind of dragons Dany has.

Nope, it left blisters on his lips. Then in aFfC, Euron has the guy cut open after he dies and his lungs were charred black as soot.

There is no way that the Dragons will be able to kill the Others with them having no resistance at all, methinks.

Bran saw something in the Great Others base.. perhaps it was ice dragons, or something.

Melisandre can set things on fire, like the hawk, and perhaps the Others can freeze things like dragons.

Archived