ASOIAF 20 Questions v. 100 "A Free Shadow" appreciation thread

Bori

I would classify the Starks' warging ability as an ability.

There might be a way to formulate it such that it isn't, i.e. "the quality of being a warg". The answer is not something like that. In fact, I think my formulation of the answer would be "recognizable".

Hint: recognizable

1. Not character/object

2. Not place/words/song

3. Not event/claim

4. Not quote/title/house

5. Something related to a character

6. Seen/mentioned in the five books

7. Not an ability or skill

8. Not smell/voice/habit/shadow

9. Related to multiple characters

10. Related to a family

11. A physical feature, or rather I would say it is the quality of having (a) certain physical feature(s)

12. Not related to a family whose seat is SotN

13. Related to a family whose seat is SotW

14. Not related to height or weight

15. Related to Stark, Karstark, Bolton, Reed or Umber

16. Related to Stark or Umber

16.5. Not directly related to cold weather

17. Related to Stark

18. Not any one of: lean build, long face, dark brown hair, grey eyes

Well, let's take a random Stark. Say Arya.

How we might know she is a Stark?

By.. biting her leap? It is nowhere said it's family feature, but I can't think about anything else.

Not official question yet.

I can't help but go back to thinking something about the way certain starks stare at people and fix them with their eyes but now i'm just baffled.. (also not an official question)

Maybe the 18th answer is tricky, because it is phrased "not any one", instead of "any", so it might be them all :ninja:

Or wolfblood? Though that was done before, not sure if in the registry.

(just for discussion, not questions for the host).

what about the answer to 16.5? - not directly related to cold weather

seems to imply that it may indirectly be related to cold weather ... and I'm not sure if any lean build, long face, dark brown hair, grey eyes fit that

on the other hand, not sure what physical feature would be related to cold weather...

seems to imply that it may indirectly be related to cold weather ... and I'm not sure if any lean build, long face, dark brown hair, grey eyes fit that

on the other hand, not sure what physical feature would be related to cold weather...

The reason i asked about cold weather is because at the time i thought he was referring to the thick beards the northerners have that keep their faces warm. (just to let you know why I even bothered with that)

I'm just thinking out loud here but wasn't there something about cold eyes or a cold stare or something along those lines. does anyone else think this is helpful?

Likely not.

Cold stare is definitely Bolton's family feature.

Well, there was Brandon Ice Eyes.

And while I don't recall our recent Stark to have cold eyes, at least Ned's are described as unsmiling IIRC...

The "directly" was also in the question, so it could be not related to cold weather at all.

Well, let's take a random Stark. Say Arya.

How we might know she is a Stark?

By.. biting her leap? It is nowhere said it's family feature, but I can't think about anything else.

Not official question yet.

Well, Arya has a horse face and dark hair...

I start to wonder if its also a feature we see in the more Tully-ish Starks, i.e. all of Catelyn's kids except Arya...

Maybe the 18th answer is tricky, because it is phrased "not any one", instead of "any", so it might be them all :ninja:

Or wolfblood? Though that was done before, not sure if in the registry.

(just for discussion, not questions for the host).

Brandon's wolfsblood was done before, wolfsblood itself not.

Unoffic: Could it be something like this: "Ned could never abide the heat. The Starks were made for the cold" (Catelyn II AGOT). Or it is directly related to the cold weather? nevermind

Archived