The Nights King?

I have absolutely no idea, I usually let other people do the math for me. But, he does intrigue me, and of course he's bound to appear in the next two books. He committed atrocities, fell in love with a White Walker, and ruled like a true Night's King. The appearance in the series somewhat confused me, but I didn't really mind the possible spoilers. He's playing a game, and he is probably playing it well, but who he exactly is, what he wants to do, and how and when he is going to do it... No idea. I am sure the Heretics have some awesome theories about him though, you should look it up. :)

Much and more [to coin a phrase]; you'll find us on the Dance with Dragons page.

The story of Brandon the Builder and the Last Hero are quite separate:

“I could tell you the story about Brandon the Builder,” Old Nan said. “That was always your favorite.”

Thousands and thousands of years ago, Brandon the Builder had raised Winterfell, and some said the Wall. Bran knew the story, but it had never been his favorite.

But no, he wants a different story.

Incidentally its interesting that Bran knows him as the man who built Winterfell, "and some said the Wall". Its interesting because Bran himself clearly doesn't link his most famous ancestor with building the most famous structure in Westeros.

I know that. But no one alive in Westeros knows who Night's King/the Last Hero was, so of course they would be different stories according to the current population. We don't know that Brandon the Builder's story has an ending at all. It may just be about his building things and founding House Stark. Since we don't know how his story ends, we can't be certain he wasn't Night's King. Any historical Stark could have been.

Look at it this way, if BtB was Night's King/Last Hero, they can erase the records of him having anything to do with the Night's Watch, but they can't erase the founder of House Stark, the builder of Winterfell, and the Wall, and possible helper with building Storm's End. They could even have banned his name but after a few generations of not hearing the name Brandon Stark, someone would have been looking through old family histories and come across it. Not knowing why it hasn't been in use they decide to bring it back. Then we start having more Brandons. There's so much of the history missing that we can't say with 100% certainty that either NK or LH wasn't a particular Stark.

Bran doesn't link him to the Wall because Bran is a seven year old kid and doesn't think that far. It's pretty well established that BtB helped build the Wall. It's Storm's End that we're not sure about.

IMDB credits Richard Brake as White Walkers' Master. It's hard to tell with all the makeup, but it looks like him.

The end credits just list him among the actors. the don't say what part her plays.

Visiting the Land of Always Winter ahead of the books is huge. But having a character called the Knight's King would be huger.

IMDB credits Richard Brake as White Walkers' Master. It's hard to tell with all the makeup, but it looks like him.

The end credits just list him among the actors. the don't say what part her plays.

Visiting the Land of Always Winter ahead of the books is huge. But having a character called the Knight's King would be huger.

Someone changed that. When I checked IMDB right after the episode guide flap he was listed as "Night's King."

We don't know that it was the Land of Always Winter. Seems like from Craster's to LaAW should be a long way, and I don't know that the Other would have been able to keep the baby alive that long.

It's Night's King, not Knight's King. The connection is with the Others and the Long Night. He's king of darkness or some such symbolism.

Archived