A sign in Sigils. House secrets or lost knowledge.

AlaskanSandman

Ok, so this post is to focus on one aspect of some of my research. It has a connection to grander thoughts and theories but i need a simple place to ease people into this. So lets begin with this, House sigils and possible signs. Ill list their sigil along with some info about the house. 

House Gardener.- Descended of the Legendary Garth the Green, long held the Reach as Kings. Supposed Knights, Dragons, and Dragon Slayers all in their realm during the Age of Heroes. House sigil depicts a halting green hand. (Of note, other sigils in Westeros display a halting hand, one yellow, one grey, and one bone hand). Legend of Garth as the First King in contradiction to Barrow Kings claim.

House Dustin.- Descended of the First King allegedly buried in a Great Barrow big enough for a giant. Sigil displays two axes crossing a 5 pointed crown.

House Manderly of the Reach (formerly)- Once ruled along the Mander as kings, the Mander named after the Manderly's. Sigil displays a merman with green hair holding a trident.

House GreyIron- Once High Kings of the Iron Isles, House Hoare descends from them. House GreyIron's sigil displays a head of a merman with green hair and a 5 pointed crown.

House Mudd of the Riverlands.- Once Kings of the Riverlands. Sigil displays a 5 pointed crown with green jewels around it.

House Fisher of the Riverlands.-Once kings of the Riverlands. Sigil displays a 5 pointed crown atop a catfish's head.

There are a couple other houses displaying a 5 pointed crown, Manwoody of Kingsgrave, Langward of the Crownlands and Hollard of the Crownlands. 

The merman with green hair and a trident i believe to be the one and only Garth the Green, who wore a  5 pointed crown and ruled where ever the waters ran.

This doesn't really change the power struggle as the Merling King seems to be on the side of Ice against Fire. It does how ever provide a link between these areas of Westeros that other wise seem separated. There are obvious other questions it does raise and i would like to further discuss as i do have further evidence for more.  

First lets see if any one has noticed or wondered about the sigil's maybe telling us something. Hit me back, let me know some thoughts and happy turkey day to every one tomorrow :)

http://imgur.com/0BkRcAP

Archived