"Era of Prosperity" - The "Game of Thrones" inspired history of the Romanov dynasty

HexMachina

9 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I really am wondering what the "inspired by GOT" means in this context. GOT is a fantasy show with dragons, shadowbabies, undead people etc. They are trying to make a historical show, which I believe will not have any of that.

If they just mean that it will have multiple storylines, I am pretty sure this is true for others as well as GOT.

It sounds more like a marketing description than one of content.

Yeah. Probably just jumping on the "the xxxx Game of Thrones" bandwagon that seems to be used to describe anything vaguely related to sword and board battles and politics.

But the link does says his, which makes it sound, as I said above, like it's more related to their structural plans: 

According to Alexey Petrukhin, a producer at Russian Film Group, the company “studied [HBO's] business model” and “spoke at length” to George R. R. Martin, the story's creator. “Like in the show [Game of Thrones], we'll have several directors and several graphics technicians, each of whom will follow their own families and their own characters,” Petrukhin explained.

Archived