Castles in the show

Barristan's Buddy

Just wondering about some of the major strongholds in Westeros after the events of the last few episodes. Are Dragonstone and Storm's End just sitting there undefended at this point? I'm assuming Stannis left a decent garrison at Storm's End in season 2, and probably a smaller force considering what he had at Dragonstone, but now that he's dead and with no heirs will anyone try to claim his two castles? Will they even be mentioned in the show again with no fAegon storyline looking like it's going to happen?

Good questions.  I would think that Storm's End and Dragonstone could only be lightly guarded in the show.  Also, since there's no Edric Storm in the show maybe Gendry would make the most sense to become the lord of Storm's End, etc.  But a lot would have to happen before that could take place (e.g. he'd have to be recognized as Robert's, legitimized, etc.)  In the books, Edric Storm would make more sense to become lord of the Stormlands.

Also, I think he answer to your last question is no.  I don't think the Stormlands are going to play much into the show's storyline anymore.

• 5 weeks later...

I've been thinking about this too.  In the books the holdouts in the stormlands are actively being dealt with by  Kings Landing, and a character that should be dealing with him has instead been taken down a totally different road.  I think they're being cut from the show for brevity.  I can only think of Dragonstone being relevant again if by chance Dany should enter that way of it if occurs to someone that it is a source of dragonglass.

Archived