How would Robert treat a Dornish Princess?

Azai

7 hours ago, Azai said:

And essentially, if I remember correctly, they are left to govern their lands pretty much how they want despite a few laws and customs here and there?

Though there is one other little thing... Joffrey. I wonder what are the limits he can act towards the character, and the limits she can act back. I mean character wise they'll do what their characters would do. Though I figured Joff was a little more tempered when Robert was a live at least out of fear and his desire to gain his "father's" approval. I'm sure it'd be a hard political scandal if there was an incident that happened between a Princess of Dorne and Prince Joffrey. (Which may in itself be fun to play out)

You are right for the most part, aside from taxes they are antonymous to the Iron Throne.

Joffrey will probably be superficially charming, like how he was towards Sansa in early Game of Thrones. Probably curious because he would be quite sheltered from Dornish influence. He might be quite rude or childish if something doesn't go his way, but probably not brazen for anything serious. Plus Jon Arryn will smooth out any worries. Ceresi might be paranoid and overprotective though.

Yeah, you are thinking the same as how I am at this point. He has a lot of things to reign him in at the least. But the attempts at charming I'd actually love to include, because as you said he starts out like this towards Sansa. 

Lots to work with here, thanks a lot. I hope this campaign for my players goes well now that I have access to all the information

19 hours ago, Azai said:

Yeah, you are thinking the same as how I am at this point. He has a lot of things to reign him in at the least. But the attempts at charming I'd actually love to include, because as you said he starts out like this towards Sansa. 

Lots to work with here, thanks a lot. I hope this campaign for my players goes well now that I have access to all the information

No worries. Glad to help. If there's any more questions you could post or pm me.

I wonder if she nicknamed him Bobby how well that would go over ;). (Especially if that seduction goes well)

With 'Joff" control I figured when he was younger, or at least when Robert was alive, Jon Arryn could control him on threat of telling his father. As in "How Joff you are saying the hound should beat this peasant, maybe we should get King Robert involved so he can justly punish what this man has done." essentially stuff like that.  The party are in King's Landing and things went very smoothly for the first day. Jon Arryn was amazing, and even some fun with Renly Baratheon.

Next sessions is the tourney of Joff's name day and I have a few events planned out. I am assuming the tourney includes a fair and such for smallfolk? (If not I'll still probably keep it in.). Also an intrigue/event with Princess Myrcella went well, and the little Princess (I have her around 14) is enamored by the Dornish Princess. As in "let's sit together" "what is dorne like?" "that dress is so beautiful" etc, etc. I figured Cersei wouldn't be too keen with Myrcella getting close to the character. Though I'm trying to come up with sly remarks she could make alluding what happened to her Aunt. Though I was wondering if Cersei would go this far, to gain the goal of getting the Princess away from Myrcella. 

I am still facing Challenges with Petyr and Varys on how to use the party in their schemes. Anyways the question I have, is how will it reflect on the Princess if her warriors enter the Melee/Tourney and win? Just normal oh cool that's great?  Her martial arts teacher has very high stats and could win the Melee very easily. So I am curious on the King's reaction of finding a fantastic warrior, or Jaime wanting fresh blood in the tourneys. (He won't be in the joust, and I think I can assume that is only what Jaime does.). Also the fact that he is a foreigner.

Archived