Faceless man

Donny2Bong

If Faceless men are so expensive to hire that not even kings and lords can readily afford to hire them, then how could a lowly actor from an acting troupe afford to hire one to kill lady crane??????

On 5/31/2016 at 6:01 AM, Donny2Bong said:

If Faceless men are so expensive to hire that not even kings and lords can readily afford to hire them, then how could a lowly actor from an acting troupe afford to hire one to kill lady crane??????

The Faceless Men are a death cult pretending to be an assassin order. So everyone needs to afford their services(be extremely expensive , but that they can always pay). The price scale up and down because of the target of assassination and who hired the faceless men. The price can be also non money assets anything that is very precious for the client. 

In the books the waif father payed the faceless men to kill his wife(because she planned to murder his daughter). The price the Faceless men asked is the waif herself.

It may have been just a test.  He knew the nature of the play, and there was no better litmus to determine if she was truly no one.  But seeing her family and circumstances being lampooned confirmed what he probably already knew:  A girl is still Arya Stark.

44 minutes ago, Status Crow said:

It may have been just a test.  He knew the nature of the play, and there was no better litmus to determine if she was truly no one.  But seeing her family and circumstances being lampooned confirmed what he probably already knew:  A girl is still Arya Stark.

I agree. 

I think the true test is killing The Waif. Why would the KM ask for Arya not to suffer? Why dies he even care? He showed hesitation when the Waif had to remind him what he promised her. And him highlighting Arya's many gifts. Will they ever bring in her warging abilities?  

My impression was that the corpse Jaquar was cleaning was payment for the actress' death. A family friend or someone that the younger actress (if she is, in fact, the one who ordered the hit. I don't think it's confirmed either way) was able to send in to the HoBaW and whisper a name before receiving the gift.

Remember, only death can pay for life.

Archived