Preston Jacobs

Vaedys Targaryen

I'm not quite sure if this belongs here, but this is just a little question for anyone who wants to answer.

I've been given the impression that a lot of people really dislike the youtuber Preston Jacobs and my simple question is, why? Why do so many of the people on these forums dislike him so much and are actually kind of hostile towards him?

Now, I'm going to go ahead and say that there are a lot of theories that he has made that I don't think are likely (the Deeper Dorne is just one of them), but in every video, he assures everyone that his theories just that: theories.

So why the dislike for him?

I think it's because a lot of people resent that his opinions are given more attention and are considered more valid than their own.  Preston has some pretty weird theories, Dany being the child of Rhaegar and Lyanna being top of my list, and I think that gives him an unfair "crackpot" label.  He's probably the most popular/famous AOIAF theory creator, save maybe Alt Shift X.  And Alt Shift X isn't controversial, so Preston gets a lot of hate.

5 minutes ago, WalkinDude said:

I think it's because a lot of people resent that his opinions are given more attention and are considered more valid than their own.  Preston has some pretty weird theories, Dany being the child of Rhaegar and Lyanna being top of my list, and I think that gives him an unfair "crackpot" label.  He's probably the most popular/famous AOIAF theory creator, save maybe Alt Shift X.  And Alt Shift X isn't controversial, so Preston gets a lot of hate.

There's that old artwork copyright issue when he used few pictures without permission and someone claimed he 'stole' them to make money from YT and reported him. And than someone claimed it was Reddit or Westeros.org's user who reported him. Old matter and pointless disagreement that never was. 

I don't think he's actually 'hated' - many disagree with him, but well... each theorist has fans and foes. But I think that many people appreciate his efforts even if they don't belive him.

Maybe let's stop starting each new PJ thread with 'I know this will be deleted' or 'I know you all here hate PJ' or sth like that and focus on productive discussion of HIS THEORIES not HIM.

Archived