Cause of death: Electromagnetic radiation or the effect of the gravitational wave?

Egalitarianism Always

1 hour ago, Roose Boltons Pet Leech said:

There are creatures on the ocean floor that wouldn't actually notice.

Like what? The Earth does have a sort of internal power source and it might be possible for something to live off of geothermal energy, but the oceans would freeze and anything that relies on them would die.

13 minutes ago, Altherion said:

I thought about that, but these organisms are relying on a certain temperature of the water which would almost certainly change as the oceans froze. They might be able to adapt, but they would certainly notice.

maybe some of the “warm” water vents, but these things live in such close proximity to the vents it’d be unlikely to affect the local environment too much 

but that’s neither here nor there; let’s focus on the real purpose of this thread, namely dunking on the op

5 hours ago, Altherion said:

Like what? The Earth does have a sort of internal power source and it might be possible for something to live off of geothermal energy, but the oceans would freeze and anything that relies on them would die.

The *surface* of the oceans would freeze, insulating the water beneath - ice is an excellent insulator of thermal energy. Critters living beside geothermal vents on the ocean floor could cheerfully continue for a very, very long time.

On 1/26/2018 at 8:29 PM, larrytheimp said:

Hey now, my heart is in my butt where it belongs.  #thanksbakker

Aw, I write to you with my heart's butt!

On 1/26/2018 at 9:29 PM, Darth Richard II said:

Guys your missing the point, WHY ARE THERE SO MANY SONGS ABOUT RAINBOWS?

We've all gone over one at this point.

I think I just won this thread with my clever responses.  I READ A SCIENCE!!!!

Archived