NBA Thread

Caliban

"We're at a high level," Skiles said. "We haven't had much of a drop-off from, say, a practice in March to where we are right now. As a matter of fact, I feel like we've picked it up."

Is there a more talented core group of young athletes in pro sports? Is there a better coach. Fuck no Fear the Bulls. Best in East.

NBA Thread is back. Lets do this.

Is there a more talented core group of young athletes in pro sports? Is there a better coach. Fuck no Fear the Bulls. Best in East.

After a long grueling off-season of seemingly endless parade of commercials, Agent Zero is ready. No man, outside of Peyton Manning, has worked harder.

Except maybe Lebron James who stomach-punched all of Cleveland in really impressive fashion by wearing a Yankees hat at Jacobs Field. What's he going to do for an encore? Light the river on fire again?

After a long grueling off-season of seemingly endless parade of commercials, Agent Zero is ready. No man, outside of Peyton Manning, has worked harder.

At best he is a domenique with a better shot but way less penetration game.

I bet anything Skiles is currently breaking down NBA offenses.

ETA: Goddamn it I love Scott Skiles.

At best he is a domenique with a better shot but way less penetration game.

At best? He's already there and because he's still playing his upside is higher. We know how far Dominique could take his team. We still don't know that about Arenas.

ETA: Goddamn it I love Scott Skiles.

Skiles has more to prove than anyone.

When will these Bulls grow up?

At best? He's already there and because he's still playing his upside is higher. We know how far Dominique could take his team. We still don't know that about Arenas.

Im not knocking showtime. Im a fan of his. He came around at a time when winning in the East was next to impossible. Fact is, one men shows dont do it in the NBA. You can win 50 games and maybe beat a 6 seed but you sure as shit cant win a conference championship without a whole unit.

Can you honestly see the Wiz beating this Bulls team in a 7 game series? Of course not. Eddie is also showing some signs of weakness. Probably not a top 5 coach in the East.

Skiles has more to prove than anyone.

and

When will these Bulls grow up?

In this life, you don't have to prove nothin' to nobody but yourself., and after what Skiles has gone through if he hasn't done that by now, it ain't never gonna happen.

They grew up when they laid the smack down on the Heat. All the great Bulls teams come strong after losing a Pistons series. This team is no different. The 2007-2008 Bulls, baby, let the big dogs eat.

ETA: Im a fan of Gilbert's. I like Gilbert, its fun to watch Gil play the game. Hes a special player with a ton of game. He can runt he floor, score in transition, hit from the outside, and attack the rim. Hesa got a shit load of game. But honestly, this Wizards team is missing a big piece, and I dont think they get it anytime soon. Anybody who is paying attention should know by now that the East is Clevand and the Chi. Bulls Cavs. The rivalry of my youth springs anew. And the bulls have the peremeter and paint defense to shut down Lebron. The Bulls are the class of the East.

I realize that John from Cincinnati might come in here talking about the Heat, and all that, but they are done. Wade is overrated, Shaq cant move anymore, and Skiles flat outcoaches Riley. The heat are done. They aint hangin ten anymore, surf boy. Braa, the Heat will barely make the postseason, try to stay mellow, braa.

Can you honestly see the Wiz beating this Bulls team in a 7 game series? Of course not. Eddie is also showing some signs of weakness. Probably not a top 5 coach in the East.

Oh, I definitely can. When you have the best player in a series you always have a chance. And when you have two of the best three, you got a great shot. Bulls have the better team, but the Wizards are more explosive. Plus the rooks that the Wizards have are coming along nicely.

In previous years I was willing to believe the Bulls would keep getting better as they simply matured. But that learning curve seems to have flattened out. Any respect I give them this year, they have to earn.

Plus the rooks that the Wizards have are coming along nicely.

Its only been one half week of workouts so far, how far along have they come? Isnt Nick Young technically a retard?

I give no credence to the NBA summer league. I barely even pay attention. Im not going to say shit about Noah until I see a couple of preseason games. I will say that he has the potential to be the best passing 5 in the NBA since Sebonis, and that high energy bigs with soft hands, high basketball iq, that can run the floor and haqve good work ethics usually help teams win games.

Granted, possibly the only draft pick that was better then JamesOn Curry could have been the Dom McQuire pick, but as I said the Summer league doesnt mean shit. Lets let these guys do something before we say "coming along nicely" JL.

John Hollinger of ESPN Insider has my Houston Rockets winning the championship this year. Yao Ming is going to have a monster year stats wise, the guy is unstoppable when he gets post postiion (and you can't foul him like Duncan or Shaq cause he is one of the best free throw shooters in the league). The Rockets have made some significant upgrades with Steve Francis, Mike James, Bonzi Wells, Luis Scola of Argentina.

With Adelman we wont have one of the top defenses in the NBA like under Van Gundy, but our offense is going to be alot better. McGrady and Yao aren't going to have to carry the entire offensive load as much with the roster upgrades and Adelman's new system.

Hollinger has the Bulls winning the Eastern Conference.

Adelman had some monsterously talented Portland teams and failed to make the Finals with one of the best teams in the last 20 years. I dont have much respect for Adelman as an X's and O's guy, and the Rockets will have way too many injury problems to ever win the west.

I do belive the Spur has peaked, and that TMac is peaking. But I dont think the Rockets are going to win the west.

I think its Mavs Bulls in the '08 finals. Bulls in 6.

Basketball is my favorite sport to play but not one of my favorites to watch.

The NBA translates extremely well on a TV screen. Also the NBA has the only good television analysis in pro sports. Anthoney, Legler, and Aldridge are awesome.

ETA: Dude, also team Europe is pretty awesome. Id have no problems rooting for the Raps roster. Most fundamentally sound team, and best front office in basketball. The Bulls are the only more kickass team.

The NBA translates extremely well on a TV screen. Also the NBA has the only good television analysis in pro sports. Anthoney, Legler, and Aldridge are awesome.
You forgot Stephen A. Smith :P jk

Injuries can be a problem for any team, you can't really go by that. The Rockets had T-Mac and Yao out for 47 games last year and still had the 5th best record in the league, as good or better than any team in the East.

I realize that John from Cincinnati might come in here talking about the Heat, and all that, but they are done. Wade is overrated, Shaq cant move anymore, and Skiles flat outcoaches Riley. The heat are done. They aint hangin ten anymore, surf boy. Braa, the Heat will barely make the postseason, try to stay mellow, braa.

Hanging ten? What is this, the 60s? Whatever, Gidget. The Heat are going to be fine. Wade will miss the preseason and the start of the season, which will be good for him in the long run. Save some of the wear and tear on his body for the postseason. Shaq looks in better shape than he has in years and can carry the Heat while Wade's out. We have some youth coming in to jumpstart the vets and when Wade is healthy, he's the most unstoppable player in the league. No one can hit the hole as hard and finish like he can.

Im not going to say shit about Noah until I see a couple of preseason games. I will say that he has the potential to be the best passing 5 in the NBA since Sebonis, and that high energy bigs with soft hands, high basketball iq, that can run the floor and haqve good work ethics usually help teams win games.

Well I have something to say about Joakim. He sucks.

I will give it up to Skiles for letting Ben wear his headband, though. That was impressive. He's not a great coach, but I always laugh when I think about that time a reporter asked him what Eddy Curry could do to improve his rebounding, and Skiles replied: "Jump". That was classic

Suns vs Heat 2008 Finals. Mark it

there's way too much Bull love goin on here. They totally bitche dout last year after taking out a weak weak Heat team.

No one has any Celtic predictions? Can anyoen name 5 other players on that team =P ?

No one has any Celtic predictions? Can anyoen name 5 other players on that team =P ?

:thumbsdown:

Honestly, Allen, Pierce and Garnett are going to play together for 30+ minutes a game. That's all that matters. The difference between those three guys and the average player is huge and will decide most games. The difference between the Celtics bench and the average bench isn't. In the East, there aren't many teams that can match up with Allen/Pierce/Garnett. Rondo is an elite defensive point, a tremendous rebounder and he can create. If he struggles to hit the open J's that Allen/Pierce/Garnett create with their awesomeness, well, that's what Eddie House is for. Posey was a roleplayer on an NBA Championship team and, you know, he's going to be a roleplayer here. So long as Doc gets it through his head that Scalabrine sucks (not always, but still), the bench should be fine.

It's more a question of health than depth.

Surfs Up,

Nobody can hit the hole like Wade? Thats simply not true. There are a few guys inm the NBA that can attack the rim like Wade. Wade is gaurdable.

Ben Gordon has been doing pilates all summer and is coming in lightening fast. He may improve his penetration game, which would be scary for any team in the East.

Dick Lance,

No team in the East matches up the Bull. Your thirty nminutes of the big 3 are met with 30 minutes of a 10 man rotation. What makes Skiles a great coach? The fact that he makes 10 guys on a team erxtremely important. Ben and Noah can can play good post defense, and if Garnet faces the basket from 16, Noc can man him up. Pierce has never had a cast. You dont know what he can do with a cast. Im nnot certain he wont Stackhouse. Allen is old and can create shit for himself anymore. You have two old peremeter shooters and one of them cant create for himself. You really think the Bulls can defend the Celts? All three guys have lost a step, and all three guys have been perenial losers. You have a team of old losers facing a team of hungry young winners. Bulls will hammer any team out of the East with exception to the possibility that Lebron will take over a game. That said, Lebron wont take over 4-7 games against the Bulls. Deng.

Bulls take the East. Beat the Mavs in 6.

Surfs Up,

Nobody can hit the hole like Wade? Thats simply not true. There are a few guys inm the NBA that can attack the rim like Wade. Wade is gaurdable.

No. Maybe Kobe. No one else has a better first step in the league. I'd put Lebron, Agent Zero, Melo, and maybe a coupla other players one step lower, in terms of their first step.

Ben Gordon has been doing pilates all summer and is coming in lightening fast. He may improve his penetration game, which would be scary for any team in the East.

Gordon's a high-end B-level player. But in your bizarro world, where Noah's apparently the second coming of Jesus Shuttlesworth, I guess you could say Gordon is lightning fast.

The pilates thing does have me a little concerned though. Pilates+Gordon = scary situation for the rest of the league.

I didn't know Ben Gordon does pilates. That settles it as far as I'm concerned, Bulls all the way.

:rofl:

No. Maybe Kobe. No one else has a better first step in the league. I'd put Lebron, Agent Zero, Melo, and maybe a coupla other players one step lower, in terms of their first step.

I would too. Question is, how does Wade heal? I honestly haven't heard any word so I got no clue.

Teams that I'm highly curious about: Seattle, Houston, Boston, New York (Oh fuck yes), Golden State. BTW, I'm still pissed about Oden's injury. Was really looking forward to see him play. So cross Portland off the list.

Teams I'm sick of: San Antonio, Cleveland, San Antonio, Detroit, San Antonio, LA Lakers, San Antonio, New Jersey Nets, San Antonio. Also want to mention the Spurs.

Archived