Unpopular Opinions

The Storm Queen

1. I like the ironborn.

2. Theon is alright too.

3. Anyone who hates Darkstar is just jealous.

Er, I don't think anyone hates Darkstar. They just feel sort of sorry for him when he gets dialogue like "I am of the night." Not even a really bad Batman writer would spew that out of Bruce's mouth.

-I think the Boltons are awesome.

-Despite still wanting him to die, I actually find Walder Frey funny.

-I also like Sansa, the longer the better.

-Littlefinger should be King. Coolest character ever.

-Same goes for Varys, except for the King bit. He likes his birdies too much.

Yeah. like the Nazizombie name for it.

I dont have much against one character being completly black (like Gregor Clegane), but to make a whole civilization just plain evil, is something that is not my cup of tea (I simply dont believe there is such a thing. Even among the Freys there were some who were not part of the RW). The fact that there was nothing reedeming in them made it hard for me to really care for the events, they were so black that it was obvious that Dany would win. It was obvious from the start she is in the right, there is no big tragedy, big price to pray, since the ones she destroyed were evil slavers. Talk about clishé fantasy. A Roman like civilization really would be good. Though it would be interesting if we get an another POV and learn that those civilizations are only that black in the eyes of Dany. (Though I dont know how could be their deeds with the slave children or with attitude explained as not that black, maybe with Dany having visions?) That would be an interesting twist.

:agree:

1- I think the red priests are right and r'hllor is the true god. think about it: no one who believes in any of the other religions in the series get much help from their gods, meanwhile thoros is able to bring the dead back to life, and melisandre is obviously super powerful and magical despite the fact everyone hates her and/or thinks shes insane. i can almost guarantee she awakens a dragon, because after all, isnt that EXACTLY how dany hatched her eggs? the eggs were dead stone and she burned a king. she just actually needs to find an egg first, or somehow awaken a sleeping dragon. if said dragon is sleeping in the wall and brings the wall down i will be mega pissed though. or in winterfell for that matter.

2- Tyrion isnt nearly as clever as everyone thinks, or is too clever for his own good. we all know you either win the game of thrones or you die, and despite him being hilarious and an awesome character, people like LF and Varys put their intellect to far better use. People like to talk about Ned's honor as being his downfall and that's exactly what happened to Tyrion when he was Hand, but Tyrion is funny so we don't acknowledge it as much. Tyrion actually shows the most promise as a battle commander. He picked up strategy and tactics fairly well in aGoT and orchestrated the defense of KL masterfully. he's more suited for the battlefield than the small council. for a dwarf he's actually not a bad fighter either, and has the courage to kill his enemies.

3- While I am getting a bit tired of her storyline, I LOVE Dany.

4- Jaime Lannister is going to survive the series. His sister will not. He's certainly the valonquar in her prophecy, and Dany is the young queen.

EDIT #5- Sorry but there is no Robbwind! :(

I think Dany's whole reason for trying to take the iron throne is ridiculous and the fact that she didn't rethink the whole invading with a large force think when Viserys and Drogo died just shows her ridiculous level of entitlement and immaturity.

I'm not saying I don't like Dany's character, I just think her motivation in the books are all wrong.

Also Jon Snow needs to stop his sulking, he's a bastard, yes, but he had a lot better upbringing and was better looked after than ninety five percent of other bastards in the book.

1. I want all Greyjoys being eaten by Cthulhu. Especially Asha. Ok, perhaps Euron could be spared if I could keep him for... certain services.

2. I want republic. Tyrion for President.

3. I hate Ygritte to no end.

4. I want to slap Gilly.

5. I couldn't care less about Martells.

Agreed!!!!

Really hated all the Ironborn chapters, and Asha's was the worse.

That relationship between Jon and Ygritte did not end soon enogh for me. Total lack of chemistry there.

Gilly's constant crying on the ship was completely annoying! She can die soon.

Arya's chapters in AFFC were extremely boring.

Dany and Drogo's "love talk" had me rolling my eyes.

I really don't want Jaime to be with Brienne. Find him another woman.

The Sand Snakes and Arianne can stay imprisoned forever.

Hated Catelyn and hate Lady Stoneheart even more.

Never liked Lord Beric.

I like Dany, however she needs to realise she can't free every last bloody slave. How is she going to defeat Westeros by being a bleeding heart?

I think Dany's whole reason for trying to take the iron throne is ridiculous and the fact that she didn't rethink the whole invading with a large force think when Viserys and Drogo died just shows her ridiculous level of entitlement and immaturity.

I'm not saying I don't like Dany's character, I just think her motivation in the books are all wrong.

Also Jon Snow needs to stop his sulking, he's a bastard, yes, but he had a lot better upbringing and was better looked after than ninety five percent of other bastards in the book.

What's funny about Jon is he has way more in common with Sansa than with Arya. Sansa thought KL would be all knights and chivalry and songs, and she would get to be Queen with a loving Joff for a husband and produce golden haired babies. Jon thought the NW would be all brotherhood, glory, and a give him a sense of fulfillment he couldn't get being a bastard. He probably thought everyone held the NW in the same regard his father and everyone else at Winterfell did. Meanwhile it's full of criminals, dwindling numbers, and no one outside the Wall really cares about the Watch.

Maybe both of them will grow up and make the world what they wanted it to be?

As for Dany though, isn't wanting revenge against the people that murdered her entire family and took them off the throne after hundreds of years motivation enough? It's really the same as Robb seeking revenge for Ned.

And yes I agree the Mad King had to go, but the murder of the whole Targ family was unjustified.

Dany's lived her whole life in exile with only Viserys for company telling her the whole time about how it was their right to go home and rule Westeros. He was a sicko and an idiot, but it doesn't mean he was wrong about wanting his birthright.

1- I think the red priests are right and r'hllor is the true god. think about it: no one who believes in any of the other religions in the series get much help from their gods, meanwhile thoros is able to bring the dead back to life, and melisandre is obviously super powerful and magical despite the fact everyone hates her and/or thinks shes insane. i can almost guarantee she awakens a dragon, because after all, isnt that EXACTLY how dany hatched her eggs? the eggs were dead stone and she burned a king. she just actually needs to find an egg first, or somehow awaken a sleeping dragon. if said dragon is sleeping in the wall and brings the wall down i will be mega pissed though. or in winterfell for that matter.

I agree with this one somewhat, I don't know if R'hllor is the only true god but it seems to me he's certainly much more involved in the world's affairs. And the method Dany used to hatch her dragon seems much like what Melisandre proposes will awaken dragons. It's a cool religion I think, and Thoros seems like a good guy even though Mel is pretty extreme. I'd like to see what other red priests are like because even though Mel and Thoros are of the same religion they're on opposite ends of the moral spectrum. One is looking to burn the unbelievers and torch royal children while the other is helping the smallfolk and resurrecting crusader-knights.

I also like Stannis a great deal and would like him to win the Iron Throne if possible.

I didn't like Ygritte much at all, wasn't too upset at her obviously impeding death and was glad Jon didn't immediately fall in love and abandon his vows for the Wildlings.

I'm starting to like the new High Septon now and hope he continues to challenge the nobles in Kings Landing. The place is so full of corruption that an inquisition would be almost deserved by those scheming nobles, especially Lord Qyburn. I hope they end the abomination of UnGregor before he starts slaughtering people, I don't care if we don't even get to see him in action.

I even kind of like the Ironborn in some ways, as well as the Dothraki. They pillage and loot and burn but at least they're honest about it and don't win through pure treachery. Aeron Damphair's chapters I even find sort of interesting sometimes.

1) ACOK is best book in the series.

2) Renly would've made a worse king than Robert.

3) Jaime still deserves to die.

4) The Greyjoys are my favorite family. Asha is the least interesting one. She's just another generic "tough action girl in a man's world." Seen it a million times. Also, the Ironborn chapters were the best part of AFFC.

5) Dany has absolutely no right to rule Westeros.

6) Arthur Dayne plus Lyanna equals Jon, not R+L=J.

7) Arya is a murderous sociopath that deserves to die. Her chapters are boring and pointless.

8) Catelyn and Sansa are some of my favorite characters and very sympathetic.

9) Stannis is the best king and deserves the throne more than anyone else.

10) Edmure Tully is a better lord than Tywin Lannister.

11) Ned did the right thing by warning Cersei. He wasn't even remotely stupid.

12) Jon and Dany shouldn't get together.

13) Shireen Baratheon is the most sympathetic character in the series.

It's funny that so many people thing disliking Ygitte is an unpopular opinion. I don't think I've ever met anyone who likes her. She had exactly one memorable scene in the entire series, and that's when she died. One of the very few "bad" characters by GRRM as she was simply a plot device and not a character.

I agree with this one somewhat, I don't know if R'hllor is the only true god but it seems to me he's certainly much more involved in the world's affairs. And the method Dany used to hatch her dragon seems much like what Melisandre proposes will awaken dragons. It's a cool religion I think, and Thoros seems like a good guy even though Mel is pretty extreme. I'd like to see what other red priests are like because even though Mel and Thoros are of the same religion they're on opposite ends of the moral spectrum. One is looking to burn the unbelievers and torch royal children while the other is helping the smallfolk and resurrecting crusader-knights.

I also like Stannis a great deal and would like him to win the Iron Throne if possible.

I didn't like Ygritte much at all, wasn't too upset at her obviously impeding death and was glad Jon didn't immediately fall in love and abandon his vows for the Wildlings.

I'm starting to like the new High Septon now and hope he continues to challenge the nobles in Kings Landing. The place is so full of corruption that an inquisition would be almost deserved by those scheming nobles, especially Lord Qyburn. I hope they end the abomination of UnGregor before he starts slaughtering people, I don't care if we don't even get to see him in action.

I even kind of like the Ironborn in some ways, as well as the Dothraki. They pillage and loot and burn but at least they're honest about it and don't win through pure treachery. Aeron Damphair's chapters I even find sort of interesting sometimes.

Thanks for the reply. It's completely possible that R'Hllor is the only one who really cares about what's going on and all the other Gods are sitting this one out. Thoros is awesome and I hope he puts UnCat in the grave for good. I really hope he's the new POV in this book. Cat's always been a POV and now that she's undead I doubt we see her POV as Stoneheart but maybe we will see her actions through Thoros. I also don't feel like waiting forever to see what happened to Brienne/Pod/Ser Hyle...

I don't mind Stannis at all but I think Mel is playing him. She knows he isn't Azor Ahai and uses him for his army and influence. If she can burn him and get herself a dragon, she will do it in a heartbeat.

Ygritte had to go, if she said "you know nothing Jon Snow" one more time I was going to pull my hair out.

Not a big fan of the Septon but no doubt they're going to be a force to be reckoned with. If the High Septon wanted to he could kill Cersei AND Margery and name himself Regent until Tommen comes of age. The Faith will definitely have an army of their own Knights Templar soon.

Archived