Who is/are your favourite character/s so far?

bladesofblue

Guys, guys, guys. You're forgetting the best character in the series.

HODOR.

HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR

HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR!

Hodor Hodor?

when i come across him in the book, "Hodor" in my head ends up sounding a lot like "TIMMAY!"

My favorite characters at the end of ASOS are: Arya and Dany- they've been my favorite characters throughout the whole series really. I also enjoy Jon and Sam's chapters. Mance is also one of my favorite minor characters, Oberyn Martell was another but alas.

Arya Stark is my hero. If they put her on the Iron Throne, she'd have the continent running like clockwork. I'm also a fan of Tyrion because... he's Tyrion. And Jon Snow because he proves to be the only pragmatic person on the Wall and just read the description of Longclaw.

Arya Stark is my hero. If they put her on the Iron Throne, she'd have the continent running like clockwork.

I agree. I can just imagine - "Queen Arya, these men claim to be distant kin of the Lannisters but claim they had no involved in the downfall of your house. What shall we do with th--" "Stick them with the pointy end. Next!" She has an iron sense of justice, that one.

Arya Stark is my hero. If they put her on the Iron Throne, she'd have the continent running like clockwork. I'm also a fan of Tyrion because... he's Tyrion. And Jon Snow because he proves to be the only pragmatic person on the Wall and just read the description of Longclaw.

I agree. I can just imagine - "Queen Arya, these men claim to be distant kin of the Lannisters but claim they had no involved in the downfall of your house. What shall we do with th--" "Stick them with the pointy end. Next!" She has an iron sense of justice, that one.

I love her character, more than any other in the series, but I think she's just not the right person to sit there. I would rather put Tyrion on it and Sansa as his Queen, since she is very well trained for it. But Arya.. Nah, she would be happiest on a good horse, with a strong armor and valyrian steel in her hands, surrounded with Nymeria and her pack, just running around making sure that justice is done.

valyrian steel in her hands, surrounded with Nymeria and her pack, just running around making sure that justice is done.

Off topic but-

Arya definitely needs some Valyrian steel. Needle will always be alright for a backup sword or double wielding (how polly used it) but a Dark Sister type short sword would be awesome for her.

Arya Stark is my hero. If they put her on the Iron Throne, she'd have the continent running like clockwork.

Hee. She definitely wouldn't take any crap anyways. Arya remains one of my favorite characters. I love her determination, courage and stubbornness although the latter can also be one of her infuriating traits. It's part of who she is though.

Also love Tyrion for his wit and wisdom; Sansa, although I never expected that I would come to like her at the start...I have forgiven her her naivety and idealistic romantic notions and she's now one of my favorites too; Jon Snow I liked right from the start although there are times when I wish he could lighten up a little; Jaime...I hated at first but he grew on me...although I haven't forgotten or completely forgiven what he did to Bran; Brienne I never expected to like but I find myself wishing her happiness; Sandor Clegane I took to very early on...he may be brutal but I desperately want him to find some happiness too, since he seems to have a good heart beneath it all and that's surprising considering what we know of his history (with Gregor for a brother and no mention of ever having been loved).

Previous characters: I loved Ned but alas, he's well gone...devastated by his death but the timing of it still fits so well into the story; adored Drogo too but this may be because of the actor bringing him to life on screen more than the character in the book since we didn't have time to get to know him better (and considering this, I realize that we knew all we were supposed to know about him).

My favorite character is the Hound...I love characters that are embrace evil at times to their advantage but are under it all inherrently good..i know some might not agree..but the Hound has a good heart he just has had to be the way he is to survive...i dont care for Arya but her journey has been simply amazing..a good ole fashion goonie adventure..lol...Dany is hit or miss but i do like the idea of her coming to claim something she perceives as rightfully hers...i also like Jorah..and truly felt bad for his situation..he didnt know Dany at first and was trying to return home..then he fell in love..poor Jorah..oh yeah...also Barristan..what a bad ass..love that old dude!!!

• 3 months later...

Jon: honorable, smart, competent

Oberyn: typical Renaissance man

Hodor: If he dies i will literally cry

Daenerys: I used to think she was annoying and felt too entitled, but after Astapor that changed.

Beric Dondarrion: basically like Robin Hood, but somewhat invincible

• Jaime Lannister: I started to really enjoy him in the third book. His inner thoughts gave a new dimension to his character that really made him interesting.
  • Davos Seaworth: He always is so honest and tells it like it is. I just enjoy his perspective on things.
  • Tyrion Lannister: I really loved him through the first two books but in SoS he did start to grate on me.
  • Jon Snow: He is just a really interesting character. I loved when his story picked up in SoS and his internal turmoil over Ygritte or his Duty and Honor.
  • Ygritte: She was just an interesting character. I loved how feisty and how down to earth she was. She showed Jon some true times of Happiness. Her saying "You know nothing" got a little old but I think it was a good reminder that even if we think we know "what is what" we really don't. Jon thought he knew the wildings but he found out he hadn't a clue. I was not a happy camper when she died. In fact, I was more torn up about her death than I was about the Red Wedding. I really wish she had been kept around in some capacity.

Thoros of Myr and Davos Seaworth. It' amazing how Thoros manages to revive Beric by chance and its firing sword is simply awesome. Ser Davos is the most honorable living character so far.

• 2 weeks later...

As for major characters: Arya, Tyrion, Jamie, and Brienne.

I also feel really invested and interested in so many of the minor characters: Syrio, Jojen, Jaqen, The Hound, Maester Lewin...

Its a testament to Martin that even sideline characters are so fully fleshed out and compelling.

Archived