Your thoughts on Izembaro?

Lady Hodor

• 2 months later...

If Izembaro is a person, then he's not an FM, cause they don't have names. There'd be so many possibilities. He might be a magician or he might be some Bravo who'd teach her sword fighting. Or he might be some magician or mummer.

If it's a place, then I picture it to be a very awesome one. It would be kind of a secret place or a place where common people don't usually go to. It'll be like a school there. She would learn magic tricks like glamor, maybe a little more about poisons and some other assassination skills even sword fighting. And of course, learning to master her face and learning to lie and also removing your personality. That's the way I picture it because it'd be the most awesome IMO (but not the most likely).

BTW, I'd like the similarity with Syrio thing, but I really don't think it's gonna happen.

Jaqen H'ghar is a name associated w/a Faceless Man, surely they're called something. I don't believe it's a stretch at all to say "Izembaro" is who this Faceless Man is being, just as Jaqen H'ghar or Tobho Mott

• 1 year later...
Ok so this is going to sound like quite a stretch, and I know I'm clearly biased because I want to see Arya kick some ass because of everything her and her family has been through. But I was reading a thread about how people were speculating that Izembaro could be Tobho Mott (as mentioned in this thread as well). It made me think, The Ned had contact with Tobho Mott back when he was trying to see Robert's bastard (Gendry). We know that he wanted to get Gendry the hell out of town to save him from Cersei's wrath, and (I think) somehow organized it so Yoren could take him back to the wall. Was he also the one that cleared the black cells? I wasn't quite sure if he had given the order or if he was already imprisoned by then. I say this of course because we know that Jaqen H'ghar was also in those black cells, and he was also the one who hired Syrio Forel for Arya to train as a water dancer (who some have hoped to be FM/Jaqen). Could Ned have been in contact with FM the whole time? I'm assuming he wouldn't utilize them for something deceitful because of his honor, but how about to save his own daughter that reminded him so much of his sister Lyanna, whom he loved so much? I know this is a lot of wishful thinking, and that others have speculated that LF or Varys were the ones who brought FM into King's Landing, but I like to think one of his last acts while free was to put this plan in motion to maximize the possibility of Arya's escape.

By the way, I know this thread started quite some time ago, and major props to you guys that thought that her going to/with Izembaro would mean something related to performing, as we see in the Mercy chapter that was released.  I also hope fArya will return to Bravos with Tycho and ask for the gift of mercy, and Arya can use her face to wreak real havoc on LF or Ramsey.  I'm pretty sure that is just (again) way too much wishful thinking!

ETA: Sorry for the double post, as you can tell I'm obviously still a noob at this.

Archived