Who will Justin Massey hire? (spoilers - don't read if you have not read ADWD)

thewingedwolf

Disagree. Stannis rewards people that serve him faithfully. Look at Davos. If Massey does what he asks, he might not give him Asha, but I'm sure he wouldn't hesitate to give him a minor lordship up North. I mean, look at the rest of the numbskulls he's got working for him. If Massey bring's an army to save him I'm sure Stannis will reward that.

Justin Massey would disagree with that:

• Stannis denied him Winterfell and the marriage to the wilding, Val.
  • Justin pleaded with Stannis for a title before leaving for Braavos, but was denied.
  • Justin asks to be accompanied by Asha to Braavos, but was again denied.

This all happened after Justin Massey forsook his lands, fled to the North with Stannis, and help defeat the wildlings. What did he get for all his sacrifices? Nothing but a big slap in the face.

Justin Massey would disagree with that:

• Stannis denied him Winterfell and the marriage to the wilding, Val.
  • Justin pleaded with Stannis for a title before leaving for Braavos, but was denied.
  • Justin asks to be accompanied by Asha to Braavos, but was again denied.

This all happened after Justin Massey forsook his lands, fled to the North with Stannis, and help defeat the wildlings. What did he get for all his sacrifices? Nothing but a big slap in the face.

Just what he was expected to do. Davos went well above and beyond the call of duty.

Davos is not ambitious, Massey is. I doubt Massey even considers Stannis as his "god", he probably sees serving Stannis as a means to an end.

No doubt about this, but stannis rewards those that are loyal to him, see davos lord of the rainwood. Massey knows this and will fight tooth and nail for a lordship somewhere.

Davos is not ambitious, Massey is. I doubt Massey even considers Stannis as his "god", he probably sees serving Stannis as a means to an end.

I never said Davos was ambitious, Davos did what no one else would do.

No doubt about this, but stannis rewards those that are loyal to him, see davos lord of the rainwood. Massey knows this and will fight tooth and nail for a lordship somewhere.

He has already seen enough to know that Stannis is only dangling a carrot in front of him, as he did to Salladhor Saan- the man is not stupid. I doubt he will fulfil Stannis wishes, but his own. With Asha by his side, he sees himself a lord or king of the Iron Islands.

None of the ones we've seen in Meereen. They aren't available right now. There are plenty of other companies.

I am not so sure about that. I believe the Myreenese knot will be quickly untied, and that will leave several sellsword companies looking for work. How convenient would that be for the knot to untie just as Massey lands in Braavos.

Supposedly GRRM stated that the sample chapter is before the final events of ADWD. The chronology in TWOW is going to be insane. The POVs from AFFC are very out of kilter from the ones in ADWD, and even the ones in ADWD are a bit out of kilter with each other.

Yeah, it is tough trying to reorder the books chronologically. Hell, I am almost expecting a cameo by Kilgore Trout... Hmmm...Maybe the Others are just Tralfamidorians.

Yeah theres a doubt about that actually happening. Something might stop that from occurring. And wtf is up with dem ravens?

Bloodraven and Bran m'boy.

Makes sense but for what purpose?

There are other threads that go into detail about this with many theories, but the one that most fascinates me is that it requires a blood sacrifice to get the trees to talk.

About them ravens:

IMO they being warged by Bloodraven and Bran who want Theon taken to a weirwood and executed. His death will be a rerun of Bran's vision of the woman cutting a man's throat at the base of the hearttree at Winterfell. Theon's blood will amp up the magic in the weirwoods, and maybe in Brynden and Bran, too.

ETA: What Harle The Handsome said

Archived