Foolmoot

Brony Stark

Contrarian!

No seriously. Patchface is a sin against god. He may be a prophet, but he is not a good fool. Being prophetic is not part of the job description of a fool. Patchface fails at everything a fool is supposed to do and be. I really do not understand why people think Patchface is a good fool. He honestly shames the "office of the fool" by being so devastatingly bad at it. Again, "fool" =/= creep.

It was the weird dwarf woman at High Heart who said Jingle Bell's was the saddest death. Poor Jingle Bell. Was there ever a less funny fool? He's clearly in last place, poor old dude.

Patchface will punish those of you heretics who dissent one day with fire and blood...

I stand corrected.

No seriously. Patchface is a sin against god. He may be a prophet, but he is not a good fool. Being prophetic is not part of the job description of a fool. Patchface fails at everything a fool is supposed to do and be. I really do not understand why people think Patchface is a good fool. He honestly shames the "office of the fool" by being so devastatingly bad at it. Again, "fool" =/= creep.

When he said "I will lead it" in Jon's last chapter, that was funny and unexpected. Was there a fool who sent a score of men bawling with one quip? Jon must have been wroth

Ok, that does it. According to OED, a "fool" is "One who professionally counterfeits folly for the entertainment of others, a jester, clown."

This is a "Foolmoot" not a "Creepmoot" or a "Lamemoot"

Well, it depends. Patchface is entertaining for us the reader. Thus, he succeeds in a meta way.

The thing I admire about Moonboy is how half of King's Landing seems to use him to underscore their point. Fucking him or Lancel or Osmund Kettleblack is only the most well known example of this, but really, pretty much everyone does it!

So, I vote for Moonboy. Patchface scares me.

Well, it depends. Patchface is entertaining for us the reader. Thus, he succeeds in a meta way.

To you maybe, lol. I've never found him even remotely funny. When he's not turning my stomach, he's busy making me feel depressed (and for the record, almost everything makes me laugh- except, of course, for Patchface). btw, I'm hoping all of my anti-Patchface arguments will somehow cancel out his votes in the next tally.

The thing I admire about Moonboy is how half of King's Landing seems to use him to underscore their point. Fucking him or Lancel or Osmund Kettleblack is only the most well known example of this, but really, pretty much everyone does it!

So, I vote for Moonboy. Patchface scares me.

I voted for Moonboy too, and additionally, he's the only fool to date who has had a king name a ship after them.

On the roast of Stannis Baratheon, with Bob as the roastmaster. With Patchface, Moonboy, Jinglebells, Butterbumps I would say Moon Boy would kill it.

Ok this got me thinking.

Roast Master: Bob

Roasters: The comedic guys: Patchface and Moon Boy

Close Family/Friends: Renly(which will be probably good) and his Maester(which will fail on this)

Random Famous dudes: Oberyn Martell (meh) and Tyrion Lannister (surprisingly bad) and the Blackfish (surprisingly funny)

Cersei in AFFC might be worth considering too. Some times ago, I reread the part where she is with the HS and they visit Osney Kettleblack. The way the HS trapped him after she was playing the grieved mother-in-law on Margaery was golden. "Cersei whirled and ran" always make me chuckle, despite the context. And there's the whole disaster she made of her rule and House Lannister's name in AFFC

Archived