Rickon, the Black Wolf.

OberynBlackfyre

Since the will hasn't surfaced yet, there's no certainty that Jon Snow is Robb's heir. Even if the will declares him Robb's heir, it doesn't necessarily put his claim ahead of Bran and Rickon's. Jon Snow may have to step in as heir to sort out the chaos in the North, but no way would he try to claim that he's the true Lord of Winterfell over Bran or Rickon if they show up.

The will has to come out at some point. Simply making Jon a Stark puts him ahead of Bran and Rickon as their older brother.

I think the will's going to be revealed at some point, but by that time or soon after it'll be a moot point because Jon's true herritage will become public knowledge (L+R=J); he'll be quickly moving on to bigger and better things.

As for Rickon (and getting back on topic), he's a perfect example of why I wish Martin WOULD do time jumps in these books. The kids are all still...kids. A previous poster made mention of how useless Rickon is and I can't help agree with him. Rickon is so young that to the PLOT and to us readers, he IS useless. All these cool things about Rickon being a badass, or a cold hard ruler, or even a cruel one, COULD come to pass, but only if Martin does a few time jumps or a helluva big one in an epologue. And I hope fans give him a pass on that because the series needs it.

I kind of like the idea of a Rickon POV epilogue in the last book where Jon and he are massing forces with other northen alies, as they prepare to ride to battle to wipe out the rest of the Freys at the Twins. Jon would be present on another field as king of the iron throne (perhaps Dany would be his queen), and Rickon the lord of Winterfell. Sansa's armies from the Vale would be there too, as well as Bran and Arya being involved somehow if they are still alive. I just picture this badass ending montage straight out of the Godfather where all Michael's enemies are killed and all old family business is taken care of. Braveheart but with actual balls. I can see it all in my head right now with a 16 year old Rickon with his direwolf at his side. Something that lets the readers know that the Lanister and Frey lines are about to be snuffed out. In the course of the POV we'd get a "where are they now?" on the remaining characters and some insight on how Rickon got to be how he is.

And Rickon get the last line of the series with, "The north remembers." as thousands of swords are drawn and horses ride out on the Twins in overwhelming force.

The North that will exist at the end of the series will be very different from the North we were first introduced to in AGOT. There might be no more wall, the North could be its own Kingdom. What we know for sure is that wildlings will settle in the North and have already intermarried with noble northern houses (Thenn and Karstark).

Rickon seems the perfect compromise candidate to rule the new North. He is the rightful Stark heir which will please the Westerosi nobility. But he will also have a good familiarity with wilding way of life and customs. Thus, he is uniquely suited to be the King of whatever land emerges at the end of the series.

When I created this thread, it wasn't to state that Rickon will be some sort of insane King, but yes I think the comparison to Stannis or maybe even Tywin Lannister would be what I was going for. He will be just, but at times without mercy. I see him utterly devastating the Boltons, destroying them to the root.

Concerning Little Rickon, the problem is when we finally seem him again with Davos and Osha he'll probably be about six years old. He will be important because who is and less about what he says or does personally. I think yes he will rule the North when it's all said and done. Probably with Shaggydog right by his side.

But strictly talking about" The Winds of Winter" I think Stannis will destroy the Bolton's and some of the Frey's. Once that happens Little Finger will bring Sansa to Winterfell to claim the north. That will create conflict because at the end of the book Davos will return with Rickon. Giving all us fans suspense to Know what happens next.

Concerning Little Rickon, the problem is when we finally seem him again with Davos and Osha he'll probably be about six years old. He will be important because who is and less about what he says or does personally. I think yes he will rule the North when it's all said and done. Probably with Shaggydog right by his side.

But strictly talking about" The Winds of Winter" I think Stannis will destroy the Bolton's and some of the Frey's. Once that happens Little Finger will bring Sansa to Winterfell to claim the north. That will create conflict because at the end of the book Davos will return with Rickon. Giving all us fans suspense to Know what happens next.

mmmm I think that the next book will cover more than we think. I mean they had a very long summer (ten years) so the Winter is not only going to last a few months to a year.....like GRRM says his chapters can cover one day/one hour, or they can cover months at a time. I don't think he is doing the five year jump right off the bat, but I think he is going to extend things WAY more than we think

The North that will exist at the end of the series will be very different from the North we were first introduced to in AGOT. There might be no more wall, the North could be its own Kingdom. What we know for sure is that wildlings will settle in the North and have already intermarried with noble northern houses (Thenn and Karstark).

Rickon seems the perfect compromise candidate to rule the new North. He is the rightful Stark heir which will please the Westerosi nobility. But he will also have a good familiarity with wilding way of life and customs. Thus, he is uniquely suited to be the King of whatever land emerges at the end of the series.

Or Jon? They're both perfect candidates for that.

I think that if the North became its own kingdom, it'll include the Vale and the Riverlands, which means pretty much half of the realm.

I see Rickon with alot of potential depending on. who he spends the rest of his life around. If Davos gets ahold of him he will certainley teach him about the better things in life. And If hes around Davos that meens he will be around Stannis and does anybody here really think he will still be wild after being around Stann

is yeah maybe still angry but I dont think Stannis would allow him to be wild I feel he would try to teach him how to be a Lord. And If Jon takes care of him he will be taught how to be a War commander. So I think Rickon will be just fine assuming he makes it back to Winterfell

I see Rickon with alot of potential depending on. who he spends the rest of his life around. If Davos gets ahold of him he will certainley teach him about the better things in life. And If hes around Davos that meens he will be around Stannis and does anybody here really think he will still be wild after being around Stann

is yeah maybe still angry but I dont think Stannis would allow him to be wild I feel he would try to teach him how to be a Lord. And If Jon takes care of him he will be taught how to be a War commander. So I think Rickon will be just fine assuming he makes it back to Winterfell

if hes found by davos and brought to stannis, milisandre will burn him for being of royal blood

if hes found by davos and brought to stannis, milisandre will burn him for being of royal blood

I dont think Stannis would let that happen he knows how important having a Stark in Winterfell would be and if he wants to be King of the 7 he would have to have the North on his side and burning little Rickon would be a very easy way to lose his allies in the North. Also I dont think Shaggy Dog would be okay with Milisandres plan

When I created this thread, it wasn't to state that Rickon will be some sort of insane King, but yes I think the comparison to Stannis or maybe even Tywin Lannister would be what I was going for. He will be just, but at times without mercy.

And thank goodness too. I love the Starks, but it always seemed to me like they were a little too NOBLE for their own good. I couldn't see how the Starks managed to be Kings in the North for thousands of years when Ned couldn't survive being in a position of power at King's Landing for even a year. You need a certain kind of cunning and ruthlessness to govern effectively, as Dany's been learning the hard way, and for this whole series we've seen the Starks beaten up, kicked around, and murdered for even TRYING to "do the right thing."

I'd feel like it was fitting if Rickon, formed as he is by loss, blood and (now) the northern wild, ends up being the one who shows everybody how, and why, the Starks were kings for so long.

Mel burning Rickon is a death sentence for her and Stannis. No one is that stupid, not even a fire fanatic.

The Mad King at his worst would have done it. Heck, he DID do it, and not for magic. Just for the lolz. As a result, he caused a rebellion.

A lot will depend on what Mel's actual end-game is. No way can she STILL think Stannis is TPTWP. None of the prophesies point that way. Rickon doesn't qualify either.

I know Greenseer Bran is technically Lord of Winterfell, but I think Rickon is probably how that line will continue. Him and Sansa. Sansa's already too canny not to have a big part to play, politically.

Rickon is The Prince That Was Promised literally I say this because he is the only character that I think is safe from the wrath of GRRM. "There must always be a Stark in Winterfell" I know people will say Sansa or Bran but Rickon is the only Stark that can keep the family from extinction. And I personally don't believe that GRRM would kill off the Starks and Rickon is the only thing stopping that

Rickon is The Prince That Was Promised

THIS one I doubt. Rickon doesn't match the descriptions or prophesies, like that The Prince that was Promised has to be a Targaryan, the product of a union between Brother and Sister, come into the world amid blood and salt, and all the other portents.

Personally, I think Dany is the PTWP, since according to Aemon, the Valyrian word for "prince" is gender-neutral. Neither Jon nor Aegon were the direct products of incest the way Dany is, and her name is "Stormborn..."

Archived