Arya a more powerful warg than Bran?

Does everything really have to come down to power ranking? Is skinchanging really a thing where there is a single scale of "power" and it can be determined by looking at the one who lifts the most or something?

So you have two people who are good with numbers, one goes on to study mathematics and the other not, is one more powerful in math than the other?

Arya has a natural talent, so has Bran. And fact is that both have been foreshadowed as a winged wolf, if it comes to that. I don't doubt that the other Stark kids have raw, uncultivated talent too, that the circumstances didn't allow them to hone, while Bran and Arya had that opportunity, in different ways.

Does everything really have to come down to power ranking? Is skinchanging really a thing where there is a single scale of "power" and it can be determined by looking at the one who lifts the most or something?

So you have two people who are good with numbers, one goes on to study mathematics and the other not, is one more powerful in math than the other?

Arya has a natural talent, so has Bran. And fact is that both have been foreshadowed as a winged wolf, if it comes to that. I don't doubt that the other Stark kids have raw, uncultivated talent too, that the circumstances didn't allow them to hone, while Bran and Arya had that opportunity, in different ways.

When exactly is Arya foreshadowed as a winged wolf? I don't recall reading that.

Among other things, she once thinks that if she could she'd turn into a wolf and fly away... of course it followed the same being said for Sansa, so, heh:

"I forgot, you've been hiding under a rock. The northern girl. Winterfell's daughter. We heard she killed the king with a spell, and afterward changed

into a wolf with big leather wings like a bat, and flew out a tower window. But she left the dwarf behind and Cersei means to have his head."

[...]

She was glad he was dead, but she wished she could have been there to see him die, or maybe kill him herself. Polliver said that Sansa killed him, and the Imp. Could that be true? The Imp was a Lannister, and Sansa ... I wish I could change into a wolf and grow wings and fly away.

Among other things, she once thinks that if she could she'd turn into a wolf and fly away... of course it followed the same being said for Sansa, so, heh:

"I forgot, you've been hiding under a rock. The northern girl. Winterfell's daughter. We heard she killed the king with a spell, and afterward changed

into a wolf with big leather wings like a bat, and flew out a tower window. But she left the dwarf behind and Cersei means to have his head."

[...]

She was glad he was dead, but she wished she could have been there to see him die, or maybe kill him herself. Polliver said that Sansa killed him, and the Imp. Could that be true? The Imp was a Lannister, and Sansa ... I wish I could change into a wolf and grow wings and fly away.

A thanks.. I forgot about that. :) Interesting, I never thought Arya could be a winged wolf as well.. The Dragon has three heads, so why not 3 heads for the winged wolves..

I think bran is a more powerful warg and is only going to get stronger now that he has the help of blood raven and the cotf and has access to the weirwood trees..but Arya def has a huge part to play and is a badass her and jon are my favorite characters and i cant wait tell she returns to westeros as a full fledged FM and i really hope her and nym find each other those two together would do some major damage

Arya is just a skinchanger, Bran is a greenseer.

Brynden says only 1 man in 1000 is a skinchanger and 1 out of 1000 skinchangers is a greenseer

Wow. Just to put this in perspective, the Population Reference Bureau estimates that over 1.07 trillion people have ever been born on earth. So in our world over a million people could have been greenseers? Dang. Though in Westeros it's probably more like...what, 100? Ever?

My crack pot theory is this.

There will be three essential Heros to win the war for the dawn. The prince that was promised, AAR, and The Last Hero. These three people will also be the three dragon riders.

I believe the three are Dany as AAR, Aegon as the Prince that was Promised, and Jon as the last hero.

Seems that things come in threes, three heads of the dragon, 3 betrayals, 3 dragons, 3 riders, 3 prophecies from differing cultures.

Wow. Just to put this in perspective, the Population Reference Bureau estimates that over 1.07 trillion people have ever been born on earth. So in our world over a million people could have been greenseers? Dang. Though in Westeros it's probably more like...what, 100? Ever?

It's true the numbers seem fairly high but it seems likely it takes more than just being born with the gift for it to manifest. Bran has his fall and while Jojen isn't a greenseer he nearly dies from the greywater fever before the three eyed crow visited him and he began having his green dreams. Probably a lot of latents living their lives only feeling a bit odd once in a while but never knowing anything more. Have my suspicions the Old Bear was one of those.

Though in contrast you have Sixskins as a warg who started very young and doesn't mention any kind of traumatic experience.

I think that "1 in 1000" number is just to indicate "very few". It seems like the ration is too low - population discussion on the Westerosi population usually lie around 20-50 million. That would imply that there's about 30 greenseers alive at any time, while it seems like an average of one per generation is closer to the truth.

There is, by the way, no possibility of thousands of skinchangers running about in Westeros. It's supposed to be rare...

Have my suspicions the Old Bear was one of those.

That's really interesting, Summer! That raven of his was definitely strangely close to him. Makes me wonder about the other animal lovers. Like...wait, that's it! Tommen's a warg! That's why he loves kittens, fools! ;)

I think that "1 in 1000" number is just to indicate "very few". It seems like the ration is too low - population discussion on the Westerosi population usually lie around 20-50 million. That would imply that there's about 30 greenseers alive at any time, while it seems like an average of one per generation is closer to the truth.

There is, by the way, no possibility of thousands of skinchangers running about in Westeros. It's supposed to be rare...

Hmm...I hear you. It totally sounded like skinchanging was supposed to be supa-rare, but the 1/1000 ratio sounded suspiciously high. I'm really hoping GRRM didn't just slip on the numbers, and that he actually means that number (and that it makes sense within the context of the ASoIaF world population stats).

His Majesty King Bran Stark, the First of his Name, has sent his most loyal messenger to great thy in this topic.

His Majesty regrets that you think of him so little and he's saddened that you underestimate him, but more saddened because one would think his beloved sister would harm him in any way. As for his warging abilities, he does not feel like demonstrating them for a mere mortal like yourself. His Majesty reminds you that he can warg into dragons and will not hesitate to burn thy kingdom to a crisp if thy pose any threat to the North and or his family.

Kind greetings,

His Majesty the King in the North, Bran Stark, greenseer, badass morphing king, badass king of the Seven Kingdoms, titles titles.

At this time, Bran might be considered the more powerful of the two, as he had more opportunity to actually learn and more awareness of what he is doing and what this talent was. He also has been granted to take the position of being the future Branraven. Arya isn't directly aware of her abilities, and hasn't had any training.

Granted though, if Arya were to engage into it and learn warging, she could very well likely surpass Bran in many other ways.

But either way, as another poster suggested, there really isn't any need to create a versus. Both have it (As well as other Stark offspring) and both are legitimately strong at it.

Bran is not weak. He's an eight year old who has-in the space of two years-had his dreams crushed, orphaned, lost his siblings, his home and his rights, all while coping with some insane old-magic revival that seems to centre round him. It's a wonder the boy's still sane and you're judging him for being sad?

Yes, definitely agree!

Archived