Will Bran leave Bloodraven?

:agree: One way or another, Bran will leave the cave and be an important POV to come.

I don't think he will leave the cave, and it really won't be necessary. He will become a 'super' POV early on in the next book, able to see events all over the north (at least, and some places south of the neck) through the eyes of the weirwoods. When he needs a wider view of things, he'll warg into ravens.

I think we're also going to get a lot more backstory now, both from Bran viewing the past through weirwoods, and from accounts by Bloodraven based on a LONG life with 'a thousand eyes and one.' That fellow knows more than anyone who has ever lived!

Bran can't leave he is a hostage, you really think those Children are good, no they are the true evil.

Nah. They're spooky and don't share the same concerns as humans, but they WARD their home from wights, they're not aligned with them. What other evil allies could they have so far north?

That's what I was thinking too. He ate the weirwood paste and was still able to access the weirnet without being attached to a tree. I think the weirwood tree is keeping Bloodraven alive, being 125 years old and all, and that's why he is sitting on it / connected to it.

Yea i came to the same conclusion the weirwood was a form a life support and Bran didnt need that exact weirwood to do it, but one the matter at hand i think Bran will probly take up Bloodraven spot but the spot is going to be moved to Winterfell and tbh i think he might take some of the CotF ( crackpot theory of mine) with him back over the Wall.

That boy just spent like 3 books traveling to GET to Bloodraven. Why is the idea of him turning right around and leaving Bloodraven SO exciting to people? This is Bran's job. It's what he's suited for and what he wanted. You want him to go back home and go on worker's comp?

Well stated. :agree: He just becomes a very boring cripple if he leaves the lair of the CotF. Besides, Winter IS Coming. It's soon going to be far colder than it has been on their trip north, and the wights and Others will be stronger and more numerous. Trying to return would be suicidal.

Well stated. :agree: He just becomes a very boring cripple if he leaves the lair of the CotF. Besides, Winter IS Coming. It's soon going to be far colder than it has been on their trip north, and the wights and Others will be stronger and more numerous. Trying to return would be suicidal.

He will still be a Greenseer no matter where he is and as i stated earlier all we know about accesing the weirwood network is that you have to be next to one, why wouldnt Bran return to his home where there is a perfectly good weirwood to connect to? Your argument holds water but it has some flaws especially calling him a boring cripple which he never will be especially as a greenseer.

If a powerful warrior, mage, ward and greenseer like Bloodraven stayed there, I don't why Bran would leave it. Then again as my personal opinion I would like to see him return to winterfell though and use his power to protect peoples.

Bloodraven went their because he was probably dieing and most likely seeing visions of the three eyed crow just like Bran to drive him there. Bloodraven went their to survive it doesnt correlate to Brans situation where he is still young.

I think growing into the tree is a part of it, so what would it matter if it's in Bloodraven's cave or Winterfell, it's not like he can just hop up and see the family or anything. Plus there are more people south of the wall who would chop down a Weirwood than there are north of the wall, so he's safer there than at Winterfell.

Bloodraven went their because he was dieing and most likely seeing visions of the three eyed crow just like Bran to drive him there. Bloodraven went their to survive it doesnt correlate to Brans situation where he is still young.

Are you sure about the dying ? I mean is there any quote on this.

I could really believe it though, but I always read it as he has gone there while still being a powerful older man like Barristan Selmy, Brynden Tully or Jeor Mormont, plus he was Lord Commander of the NW. I saw this as he had gone to them at 65-70 years old, not when he was dying, which would have been pretty hard to actually travel.

Are you sure about the dying ? I mean is there any quote on this.

I could really believe it though, but I always read it as he has gone there while still being a powerful older man like Barristan Selmy, Brynden Tully or Jeor Mormont, plus he was Lord Commander of the NW. I saw this as he had gone to them at 65-70 years old, not when he was dying, which would have been pretty hard to actually travel.

Well tbh its a speculation he was a devoted LC to the Nights Watch only his iminent death and a possibility to change that would make him break his vows. If he was dying it would also open him up to trying something as foolhardy as traveling North of the Wall at his age. Its a guess but it makes sense in my mind

In the past GRRM has said he wants the series to have a "bitter-sweet ending."

I can't think of any ending that would be more bittersweet than Bran spending the rest of his long life in a cave helping his siblings from the shadows and watching everyone he knew and loved die as he lingers on. Also, Bran had the first chapter so it would be nice symmetry to give him the last.

So, in other words, no, I don't think Bran will ever leave the cave.

Well tbh its a speculation he was a devoted LC to the Nights Watch only his iminent death and a possibility to change that would make him break his vows. If he was dying it would also open him up to trying something as foolhardy as traveling North of the Wall at his age. Its a guess but it makes sense in my mind

He would not have been breaking his vows, if he still saw himself as protecting the realm. But no there is no definite mention of it anywhere yet, I'm hoping the D&E tales clear everything up.

He will still be a Greenseer no matter where he is and as i stated earlier all we know about accesing the weirwood network is that you have to be next to one, why wouldnt Bran return to his home where there is a perfectly good weirwood to connect to? Your argument holds water but it has some flaws especially calling him a boring cripple which he never will be especially as a greenseer.

Greenseer or no, as A Man Has Said the cold, wights, and Others are some really good reasons to not be leaving the cave. They barely made it there alive and it's not even winter yet.

He would not have been breaking his vows, if he still saw himself as protecting the realm. But no there is no definite mention of it anywhere yet, I'm hoping the D&E tales clear everything up.

His vows technically would be broken he abandoned his post, he may consider himself a loyal member of the NW but Westeros will see him as a deserter.

Greenseer or no, as A Man Has Said the cold, wights, and Others are some really good reasons to not be leaving the cave. They barely made it there alive and it's not even winter yet.

Your right it would be very risky to try and leave the cave but that doesnt make it impossible, with Coldhands and Brans warging abilities i think they could make it to the Wall.

I kind of agree that he will probaly leave the cave. I think him getting out by ship at Hardhomme kind of makes the most sense. Rickon will be the Stark of Winterfell, Bran will not go back there at least not right away. I think they hide him on Skagos and then eventually send him to the Vale to take the Sansa situation into hand and to prove that sons of Ned Stark are alive. Plus he knows about the incest, he was a first hand witness to it. Having him show up to point the finger in person would be a dramtic moment. That and I feel that people in the South might think that Rickon is a found boy and not really who Stannis and Co. are saying he is. If Rickon is the only heir he can not be put at risk by sending him South, that and hes a little to young.

I see no reason to assume the children of the forest are simply going to help Bran. Their people isn't exactly thriving, it would seem, and maybe they want something in return.

Bran's Seat may be in the cave, but I believe he will meet the remainders of his family. Maybe not in person, but both parts will be aware of the encounter.

His vows technically would be broken he abandoned his post, he may consider himself a loyal member of the NW but Westeros will see him as a deserter.

What Westeros sees him as is irrelevant, if he is still protecting the realm, which personally I think he is.

What Westeros sees him as is irrelevant, if he is still protecting the realm, which personally I think he is.

Westeros formed the Watch and gives it support so it is relevant but i agree with you he is protecting the realm in his own way but not how the Watch or Westeros would want it thus his vow is broken but he is still doing a good deed. Westeros and the Nights Watch would see it as treason and he would hang if he returned but as the readers we can see how hard it is for characters to keep vows in certain situations.

So far on the thread the suggestion has been made that Bran will somehow end up back at the Winterfell godswood to continue his greenseeing there. But, it's been noted that winter is here and the journey south will probably be even more perilous than it was going north. We don't know if Bloodraven is attached to the tree because he has to in order to receive the visions he uses, or if it is because it is the only way his life can be sustained.

All this makes me think Bloodraven stuck around just long enough to begin Bran's training. We've already seen hints of Bran becoming more skilled than Bloodraven warging in the spoiler Theon chapter. I think Bran will become extremely more powerful than Bloodraven, and since he is younger he won't need to be attached to the roots in the cave. He's also young enough to insist on going home at some point.

I think a possibly crackpot theory for the method of getting Bran back to Winterfell is the Children of the Forest taking him through the caves. They warned Jojen and Meera not to go exploring too deep because it was easy to get lost in the caves because they are so extensive. If i remember correctly, Leaf tells them that even though her people had lived here for thousands of years, even they had not explored all of the caves and where they lead to. However, I don't think this automatically means that the Children haven't spelunked through the caves a great deal, and know of wayyyyyy more passages than they've shown Bran, Meera, Jojen and Hodor so far.

One of the theories on these boards is that there is a secret passage to Winterfell's crypts somewhere, and who would know more about secret caves of the COTF than Leaf and co.? If Bran decides to leave the cave, gets knowledgeable enough about the past, present and future, he could insist on being shown the secret cave passageway that way.

And we can all have our magical Stark reunion.

Archived