Editorialising the wiki (Tywin Lannister page)

Berelyn

Hello, everybody. I am another of those long-time-lurker-first-time-poster people, and I had always thought my first post would be about some crazy theory of mine but here we go

On Tywin Lannister page in the wiki of ice and fire there is a "Legacy" section which reads like this:

"Tywin Lannister spent his whole life maintaining Lannister prestige, under his rule House Lannister grew both strong, powerful and feared.

However upon his death his accomplishments which almost led House Lannister to complete victory in the War of the Five Kings are unravelling thanks to the follies of his children, especially Cersei who later in an Ironic twist of fate was forced by the Faith of the Seven to do a penance walk naked through the streets of King's Landing just as Tywin had once forced his own father's mistress to do through the streets of Lannisport.

In the end Tywin Lannister died a humiliating death and was proven to be a hypocrite, Throughout his life he repeatedly put Tyrion down for his whoring yet was caught with a whore (no less his son Tyrion's former whore Shae) in his own bed before his death.

He was blind when it came to his children, refusing to see the true relationship between Cersei and Jaime along with not acknowledging Tyrion's true worth. Even when Tywin's own sister Genna told him Tyrion's worth, Tywins response was to ignore her for half a year. It is due to this ignorance that his Houses standing which he dedicated his whole life to maintaining is beginning to crumble"

It feels like editorialising to me - passing judgement, expressing opinion, not to mention containing factual mistakes. I feel like usually this isn't allowed in the wikis but the section had been there for long time so perhaps I am mistaken?

Thanks for answer

Archived