Logo style

Narwen

I'm leaning toward the Narwen (4), because they look 100% professional already. I love the blue rose and the blood, especially since the blue rose is in many ways a mystery reference (you don't exactly see it flying on any Winterfell standards) and casual viewers may shrug off as "colorful imaging" - and then years down the line suddenly realize its significance.

I would still tinker with it. Since we have no people on that poster, maybe place the names of all the lauded actors on it somewhere (Bean, Ehle, Dinklage, Coster-Waldau, Headey, Addy ... maybe Merchant ...)

I'm also thinking of maybe having the blue rose grow OUT OF the pool of blood ... though that wouldn't technically make sense, story wise. Maybe an actual blue rose lying IN the pool of blood. Maybe also fiddle with the crown that tops the "T" - I love the idea of a crown there.

Either way, I love the symbolism, and the color as a whole. It looks Shakespearean. It's something that would grab my attention immediately.

Honorable mention goes to the Sauron posters, because they look so authentic they make me itch to see the first actual casting photos / promos.

I like Sauron28's alot, very character driven. I'd just take away the headpiece on Cersei- too distracting.

I also like Narwins Jon Snow poster, really excellent. I'm not crazy for the rose posters, they seem just too gothic.

I like Sauron28's alot, very character driven. I'd just take away the headpiece on Cersei- too distracting.

I think Narwen's just talking about the lettering style, fonts, texture, coloring and such. Not so much the pictures. (Right?)

No-no-no... I didn't ask which is better fan poster... :) I mean what about logo style. How it should be look like (may be examples). For example I like logo from this poster - very simple and medieval so the 1st my pic inspirited by "Red Cliff"...

We don’t professionals and couldn’t make something really brilliant, but our suggestions may be useful for HBO?

I think Narwen's just talking about the lettering style, fonts, texture, coloring and such. Not so much the pictures. (Right?)

Ah. Well looking over them again I still like Sauron28's, the simplicity of the font and how it's all laid out below the characters. I also like the center image of Narwins, it's less ornate which is my preference and not overly textured.

The Jon Snow poster of Narwins is well laid out and the font style and size is perfect, it doesnt overwhelm the image but still stands out. The texture of the image is very nice and I love the idea of the house coat of arms behind the character, although Jon shouldn't have the House Stark direwolf but maybe something else (maybe just black?). Narwin, could you do posters in this style with each character and their house arms in the background?

I like the "textured" Narwen version. The ones with the rose make it look a little to much like some teen vampire romance book.

Stinkin' vampires have ingrained themselves so deeply in the minds of some that that's all they see (though the dark greenish background does remind me of the original Vampire: The Masquerade game.)

I guess any poster with blood on it is going to remind people of vampires. I'm just not sure when roses were usurped by the freaking bloodsuckers. Magical-looking blue roses especially.

I like Narwen's 4th one as the show's logo.

However, I do really like the character posters - when it comes to advertising the actual show, I can totally see those posters in the underground, as long as the actors look like their characters and are dresses like them etc.

For example, Ned's poster with the caption of "Winter is Coming" is great. We need other ones to match eg. Cersei; Win or Die, Jaime; Hear Me Roar, Tyrion; Hands of Gold Are Always Cold, Jon; Now My Watch Begins, Arya; Fear Cuts Deeper Than Swords (although this is probably better suited to season 3), Theon; We Do Not Sow (again, probably better for season 4 when the Greyjoys really come into it), Robert; Ours Is The Fury (maybe better used with introducing Stannis ala season 2), Viserys; Wake The Dragon, Dany; Fire and Blood, Catelyn; Family, Duty Honour / Dark Wings, Dark Words

Just some suggestions :thumbsup:

Archived