Tourney Rule

Rhaegars Heir

I'm familiar with the Trial of Seven, but the seven-sided melee I think is something different. It's mentioned in Meera's KotLT story.

“Five days of jousting were planned,” she said. “There was a great seven-sided melee as well, and archery and axethrowing, a horse race and tourney of singers. ..”

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I'm glad RumHam gave you a proper response :)

It's just a melee fought by seven teams.

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/Tourney_Rules

Thank you darling! It's been bothering me every time I go past that passage, nice to have an official confirmation.

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I'm glad RumHam gave you a proper response :)

No worries, I get misunderstood a lot today... :D

Do they ever fight on foot after jousting during tourneys? I thought that was only for trials and challenges. The only two instances I recall are Dunk's trial by seven and Balman challenging Bronn.

I do believe that I read somewhere that the lord organizing the tourney is allowed to decide upon the exact rules. So it might be that at some tourneys it is allowed, and at some it isn't.

Edit:

In the Hedge Knight, there is at least one example of a tourney fight with lances where the fighting lords continue on foot:

Lord Tully was down as well, unhorsed by Ser Humfrey Hardyng, but he sprang up at once and drew his longsword, and Ser Humfrey cast aside his lance - unbroken - and dismounted to continue their fight afoot.

So at least in that tourney it is allowed to finish your match on foot with a sword. :D

Archived