Maester cressen, not what we think?

E-Ro

I can't speak for the rest of the Stannis fans, but I like Stannis specifically because he's an asshole. Unlike other such characters in the series, he simply takes no joy from being an ass.

I did probably generalise a bit there, apologies! I kind of like him too for the same reason, although I would never say he's my favourite character by any means!

This is a thread to discuss measter cressen. We first meet him in clash, and he seems like a really intelligent wise old man that served the baratheons very well all his life. HE feels like a father to Stannis. All that is well and good. But in this prologue we also meet mel. Maester cressen doesn't like her, and, he never says why. He just doesnt.I was thinking about this recently, try to figure out, why doesnt he like mel? Until i figured it out. He has no reason to dislike mel. He is an xenophobe, or a misogynist that doesn't like a woman being held in such high esteem by Stannis. OR worse, he is both of those things.Think about it, he has absolutely no reason to dislike her, let alone any reason at all to try and kill her. What was he thinking, and why should we feel bad for him? Quite frankly, he just seems like an asshole to me. All he complains about in the passage is how she is a woman and a foreigner.So, ladies and gentlemen its time to rethink cressen, and what exactly his issue with mel is.Keep it civil please.

Cressen was probably a bit misogynistic as most religious people of the Seven are, but his real issue was the Red God, and loosing his "son" to a religion he believed false. He was a Seven extremist at heart ;)

He was a faceless man. Well he still is, he faked his death, he was sure to survive the poison. Now, he's under the guise of patchface, still planning her murder. Thats why Mel had visions of Patch's bloody hands.

The big question is : who sent PatchCress to kill Mel ?

He was a faceless man. Well he still is, he faked his death, he was sure to survive the poison. Now, he's under the guise of patchface, still planning her murder. Thats why Mel had visions of Patch's bloody hands.

The big question is : who sent PatchCress to kill Mel ?

I think it is fairly obvious that it was Ned's head that gave the order.

Wasnt she influencing him to rebel as well? When without the knowledge of the those damn shadow babies Stannis had no chance of winning and Cressen was trying to get him to see that...i always viewed that Cressen disliked her becuase she (in his opinion) was leading him to certain death with a hopeless cause

Archived