Robb bones

Tolquius

I looked for it, but did not find any topic, so if there is one, my bad.

We all know the quest that Ned bones are going through to reach Winterfell. But Robb was the Stark of Winterfell, and not only that, but King of the North, and his own bones ought to be buried underneath Winterfell. So, where are they?

We know that the Freys tossed Cat corpse in the river to mock up Tully tradition, but what happened to Robb body? And more important, is it possible that Lady Stoneheart knows what happened with his body? Was she able to recover it? She probably wants to give the proper burial to her own son, so that must be on her mind along her roaring rampage of revenge.

If so, I can see two ways for that particular arc to develop. Harwin goes to Winterfell - although it is pretty hard to go incognito with bones and corpses, unless he tries to pass as a sparrow - or Brienne has to deliver the bones to prove her loyalty again (I mean, if Jaime survives somehow or asks for a trial by combat).

I hate to say it but we're talking about Frey's, so I wouldn't be shocked if they'd done something awful with Rob's remains, like turned them into pigmeal or something. I just can't see them treating his remains respectfully enough that someone could later retrieve them.

I thought that too.

However, they did returned bones for other families, so I hope they did not disposed of Robb's remains.

And well, having the remains could be advantageous for them and for Bolton. I mean, Freys are despised enough, they don't need yet another reason to be hated by the North. And retaining the remains could also serve to blackmail some houses more loyal to House Stark. But well, the Freys were not very intelligent in the whole series, I do not think that they would had thought through before disposing Robb corpse.

However, I think Roose Bolton would have seen that, and since he was there, maybe he gave advice to Walder Frey. Or I don't know, maybe he plans to show Robb bones if things go even more badly for him, to show how he respects northern tradition and is "honorable". And if things are hellish, he can show the bones and say "See, the Freys killed Robb, but I'm giving him a proper burial. Don't blame me, blame them. They wanted to dispose of the King of the North", trying to shift the anger.

Anyway, I do not bet too much in this. Robb bones could still serve a purpose, but in the hands of Freys and Boltons... Well, at least I can hope that he can be buried underneath Winterfell along his father. IF Ned bones reach Winterfell.

Somehow I fear that they fed Robb's body to the dogs... The Freys don't respect the Starks at all, and let's face it, there are really no Starks who you could return the bones to. The only one they might "honor" by bringing the bones back to WF is fArya, like they might have brought her the bones as a sign of "forgiveness", a sort of wedding gift or something. But they aren't mentioned, so I feart the dogs at the Twin's kennel might have had a wedding feast as well.

Is it ever actually confirmed that they sewed Grey Wind's head onto Robb's body? I know it is in the show, but in the books the only mention I can think of is when Salladhor Saan says "They [the smallfolk] swear Lord Frey had the boy's head hacked off, sewed the head of his direwolf in its place, and nailed a crown about his ears" and that hardly seems like conclusive evidence. Especially considering that Robb's crown eventually ended up in the possession of one of the Freys, which wouldn't be very consistent with it being nailed to Grey Wind's head.

Especially considering that Robb's crown eventually ended up in the possession of one of the Freys, which wouldn't be very consistent with it being nailed to Grey Wind's head.

They probably fished it out of the dog/pig pen later. :(

I hate to say it but we're talking about Frey's, so I wouldn't be shocked if they'd done something awful with Rob's remains, like turned them into pigmeal or something. I just can't see them treating his remains respectfully enough that someone could later retrieve them.

That's just turned my stomach a bit :ack: but i'd tend to agree surely they disposed of them in a nasty manner.

The way they treated Cat Stark body etc it wouldn't surprise me if his bones were used for stew

Beurk :ack:

Robb stew and Frey pie. I love the theory in this fandom,they really get you hungry :wacko: .

Unfortunately, in my opinion Lord Walder Frey never showed respect for Stark, and less showing how he killed them... So I think he hasn't got the intention to send Robb's corpse to Winterfell. But perhaps Arya, with the help of Stark supporters, gets how to obtain the body. I also agree with the idea about Roose Bolton, he could use this situation to protect himself in case of danger because of the annoyance of northern men.

Archived