Daemon Blackfyre, the Second of his name.

Jslay427

We meet him in the D n E story " The Sworn Sword", introduced to us first as the John the Fiddler. He is charasimatic, and treats gutter rats from KL the same as his high born companions. His father was said to have rebelled due to urging from his counselors, and much the same seems to be taking place again. I really liked Daemon Blackfyre II, although he wasn't a warrior like his father, he is extremely easygoing and would be someone I could see people following.

I thought it was really badass of him to walkout in front of Bloodravens host and challenge him or Aerys to single combat, instead of cowering behind his walls.

Do we know what happened to him when he was taking a captive back to KL? He was awesome.

I don't think he's mentioned in the ASOIAF books, but all we know was that he was kept alive by Blodraven to stop Bittersteel from crowning another one of Daemon's sons as King.

He might have been prisoner until he died in KL.

We meet him in the D n E story " The Sworn Sword", introduced to us first as the John the Fiddler. He is charasimatic, and treats gutter rats from KL the same as his high born companions. His father was said to have rebelled due to urging from his counselors, and much the same seems to be taking place again. I really liked Daemon Blackfyre II, although he wasn't a warrior like his father, he is extremely easygoing and would be someone I could see people following.

I thought it was really badass of him to walkout in front of Bloodravens host and challenge him or Aerys to single combat, instead of cowering behind his walls.

Do we know what happened to him when he was taking a captive back to KL? He was awesome.

Nothing in the canon ever states what happened to him afterward, only that he was kept in captivity to keep Bittersteel from naming one of his sons as the heir to the Blackfyre line (a bloody smart move, I might add). I will take a stab and make the educated guess that he was kept in relatively comfortable conditions, as "dying in prison" was a pretty common cause of death back then, as the conditions weren't all that wonderful. I imagine Bloodraven would've wanted to keep Daemon alive for a good long time, just to make it harder on Bittersteel.

I liked him as well. As Ghosts in Winterfell points out, he's a part of some interesting theories. We generally don't know what became of him after power switched hands. He may have been sent to the Wall with Bloodraven.

Archived