[Spoilers] Littlefinger, Dorne and the Sparrows

Hippocras

I doubt Lewyn Martell is still alive. He was a member of the kingsguard. If he's still alive then why would he be working with LF instead of trying to find and protect the King, be it Viserys (when he was alive) and Dany or Aegon?

I suppose Meribald could be Oswell... but he could equally just be a nice septon. I'm not really sure what good it would do LF to send him out in disguise to just wander around and help the poor. Although, of all the "x is actually y" comparisons you've made this one is probably the most likely, since they do at least share somewhat similar descriptions.

The High Sparrow could be an agent of LF or Varys or just an honest to god religious zealot. I don't think he's LF's dad though. For LF to be Lord of his bit of the fingers, we kind of have to assume his father's dead. The fact that the HS is short doesn't really prove this either way.

In short, while nothing said is implausible, I would argue that there isn't really much evidence for it in the text outside of "it could be true". There's no reason to believe that many of the people aren't exactly who they say they are, and nothing concrete or even really hinted at (to my knowledge) in the text to link the sparrows, LF and Dorne.

Well Lewyn Martell and Dorne were basically blackmailed by King Aerys into sending the 10,000 men to fight on the Trident. Not a great way to insure loyalty.

I think everyone should remember that Martin is a lapsed Catholic, not an active one. The too-good-to-be-true religious folks are a flashing warning light to me.

I agree, certainly the High Sparrow and the movement are more than they seem.

• 1 month later...

Known Blackfyre supporters:

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/1n5fft/spoilers_all_friends_in_the_reach_current/

An interesting read for context.

House Yronwood fought with the Blackfyres in 3 of the 5 rebellions. Yet people keep dismissing that rivalry.

All-in-all, I'd say the OP presents a well thought out argument. Am I entirely convinced, no. But, it's also explained well and succinctly enough that if it proves to be true, I will recall this post and give credit where it is due!  :cheers:

All-in-all, I'd say the OP presents a well thought out argument. Am I entirely convinced, no. But, it's also explained well and succinctly enough that if it proves to be true, I will recall this post and give credit where it is due!  :cheers:

Thanks! ;)

I am doubting it more now though, after the release of the WoW Sansa chapter. There Corbray is fleshed out a bit more in ways that do not seem to lead in this direction.

Archived