100 assorted Archers and Pikemen

Areo Hotah

Ser Marlon Manderly

Jon Snow (with Ghost)

Ser Robar Royce

Anguy the Archer

Infantry
Commander: Lord "Bronze" Yohn Royce

Lieutenants: Lord Randyll Tarly, the GreatJon Umber, Lord Tytos Blackwood, and Ser Balon Swann

Captain of the Archers: Ser Balon Swann

Cavalry
Commander: Ser Brynden "the Blackfish" Tully

Lieutenants: Robb Stark(with Grey Wind), Ser Addam Marbrand, and Ser Garlan Tyrell

Captain of the Outriders: Ser Addam Marbrand

SpecOps

Commander: Prince Oberyn "the Red Viper" Martell

Lieutenants: Qhorin Halfhand and Morgan Liddle

Force: Dornishmen, Night's Watch Rangers, and Mountain Clansmen. Not a large force, mostly used to hinder the enemy, will work in conjunction with the Outriders

Navy:
Lord Admiral: Lord Stannis Baratheon

Captains: Ser Davos Seaworth, Ser Harras Harlaw, and Lord Jason Mallister

30,000 strong, not including Naval and SpecOps forces.

I'll take Mathis Rowan, Forley Prester and Tytos Blackwood for my reserve. Cautious, intelligent and able men. In the vanguard, I suppose you must take Randyll Tarly, and I would add Kevan Lannister and Garlan Tyrell. They are quick, strong and know what to do. Between it, whoever is in charge, I suppose...

I'd actually make Theon Captain of the Archers; he's quite a marksman after all. And I think with Theon as long as you keep him nearby he does stay loyal, because Theon instinctively serves whichever master he's closest to.

That is very true, but I am not sure just how good a Commandor he truly is. I'm not sure he really inspires that much loyalty.

1st in Command: Ned Stark
2nd in Command: Stannis Baratheon
Commander of the Vanguard: Randyll Tarly
Commander of the Left: Bronze Yohn Royce
Commander of the Center: Barristan Selmy
Commander of the Right: Oberyn Martell
Commander of the Reserve: Tywin Lannister
Cavalry Commander: Robb Stark
Lead Scout: Brynden Tully
Commander of the Archers: Theon Greyjoy

Personal differences put aside of course:

Overall Commander: Eddard Stark

2IC: Stannis Baratheon

Commander of the Vanguard: Tormund Giantsbane

Commander of the Left: Jaime Lannister

Commander of the Center: Grey Worm

Commander of the Right: Jorah Mormont

Commander of the Reserve: Barristan Selmy

Captain of the Archers: Brynden Tully

Cavalry Commander: Khal Drogo

Commander of Outriders: Jhogo

Spec-ops Commander: Thoros of Myr

Naval Commander: Victarion Greyjoy

Infantry will be made primarily of Unsullied and Wildlings, with a few Dornishmen thrown in for good measure. Cavalry will consist of both Dothraki and Northmen, and the might of the Iron fleet will control the waters. Hells yeah!! :)

Personal differences put aside of course:

Overall Commander: Eddard Stark

2IC: Stannis Baratheon

Commander of the Vanguard: Tormund Giantsbane

Commander of the Left: Jaime Lannister

Commander of the Center: Grey Worm

Commander of the Right: Jorah Mormont

Commander of the Reserve: Barristan Selmy

Captain of the Archers: Brynden Tully

Cavalry Commander: Khal Drogo

Commander of Outriders: Jhogo

Spec-ops Commander: Thoros of Myr

Naval Commander: Victarion Greyjoy

Infantry will be made primarily of Unsullied and Wildlings, with a few Dornishmen thrown in for good measure. Cavalry will consist of both Dothraki and Northmen, and the might of the Iron fleet will control the waters. Hells yeah!! :)

May I ask, why Thoros of Myr for your Spec-ops commander? And for that matter, what would spec-ops exactly be in this world?

Side note. I would like an explanation as to why yourself, or another that listed them, thinks Wildlings make good soldiers? They maybe fierce individual fighters, but they lack discipline, good equipment, and any willingness to really follow orders. Though I would take Wildlings Raiders as scouts/spies/spec-ops, lead my Mance (I doubt Tormund could be quiet enough, lol)

Wow, Aegor Rivers gets no respect on this board!

Not at all. If I was doing a more "All-Time", then I'd have him as at least one of my Lieutenants for the Infantry. It's kinda funny how the Golden Company and modern members have been mentions, and his half-brother but not him.

May I ask, why Thoros of Myr for your Spec-ops commander? And for that matter, what would spec-ops exactly be in this world?

Side note. I would like an explanation as to why yourself, or another that listed them, thinks Wildlings make good soldiers? They maybe fierce individual fighters, but they lack discipline, good equipment, and any willingness to really follow orders. Though I would take Wildlings Raiders as scouts/spies/spec-ops, lead my Mance (I doubt Tormund could be quiet enough, lol)

Well aside from general badassery, he seemed quite up to the task. Scaling the walls of pike with a flaming sword is no easy feat. But I don't really know why there's a need for one; other posters had included the position so it seemed appropriate to follow suit. Also I just wanted to fit him in there somewhere lol

As for the Wildlings, they may lack some discipline but events have shown that they can be a formidable force provided they have common cause and they are under the right kind of leadership. If that fails, well a little cannon fodder couldn't hurt could it?

Overall General: Eddard Stark he's loyal, smart, calm, level headed and his track record is spotless. Plus he inspires the same in his men. Not to mention that some of the men that I've chosen for my council and commanders aren't the most friendly. So someone that can keep the peace isn't bad to have around.

War Council: Doran Martell his methods are subtle. Sometimes in war the best course of action isn't the one right in front of your face. Martell seems like a serious Cyress player, Yron Royce first I want some semblance of balance, he's got that magic armor, he's a decent fighter(smacked Ned around at Winterfell), gruff personality and seems intelligent. Littlefinger someone has to count the money and make sure that the bills get paid. Roose Bolton hey say what you will about the man but he's effective. His methods are brutal and harsh while I will admit that I criticize Tarly to harshly for those same traits, at least Tarly is loyal. I want Roose where Grey wind and Ghost can keep a nose on him. (Plus could you imagine the conversations that would be going on in that war tent?)

Sellsword companies and Heavy horse: Ser Arthur Dayne as commander and his second in command Jamie Lannister. Jon Con said that the gold company with it's lay out and provisions would have even passed Arthur's inspection. So I think the man knows how to deal with profession soldiers. Part of the strength of having sellsword companies is that they can move fast. As I'm giving my heavy horse to the sellsword companies this will help with moving the companies faster and quicker. Jamie Lannister is a good soldier and under Dayne I think that he might actually learn something and some fucking patience. Plus he has a sellswords black humor and would get on better with the men. Under Dayne's stricter leadership.

Scouts/outrider/direwolves: Jon Snow and Byrden Tully. As the Blackfish has fought in the Step Stones, been stationed in the Vale and grew up in the Riverlands he knows the land. With Ghost along scouting should be a lot easier. Finding trails and such with Jon along should help. Along with the fact that this would give Jon some seasoning and then I can't be blamed for being biased. Plus the Blackfish should have contacts in the different regions.

Heavy Horse/ Elephants/direwolves: Robb Stark and Aegon Rivers, Robb is fearless, knows how to keep his men in good order, has the warg thing, know how to plan a battle and actually excute said plan effectively. Bittersteels seems like a natural badass and a little fear goes a long way. Plus both men inspire loyalty, trust and they must have some charisma about them.

Archers: Theon Greyjoy and Red Robb Rivers who had control of the Raven Teeth before his nephew bloodraven. Both men are probably some of the finest archers of their generation. This keeps Theon away from any powerful lords that could sway him as Robb is a bastard after all. The Raven Teeth would be more loyal to Rivers as their are sworn to house Blackwood.

Foot Soldier commander :Garlan Tyrell and Ayra Stark. With the added bonus of her army of wolves. I'm thinking this because if it's the unsullied that i'm having to defend against then well it's karmic justice that they should be cut to pieces by wolves. They did kill their own puppies. Garlan would have the actual command he seems like a decent commander and the man can fight. It's partial his fighting skills on the Blackwater that won the battle. He seems loyal(to his family) not out for glory. Plus he's not Loras(whom I have a burning hate for he's a cock sure ass)

Forging: The Mountain that Rides. Every Lord has needs of some monsters and so long as he's kept on a short leash I can deal with it.

Van: Robert Baratheon he's as capabaly as any leader and his men respect him

Logistics and Intel: Tyrion and BloodRaven. That speaks for itself

Naval command: The Reader and Vic Greyjoy. The command belongs to the Reader. He's smart and knows how sea battles have been waged since Maesters first started to write to them down. Vic while not known for his strengths at thinking but he keeps his men in line. He knows how to sail a ship. Also he knows how to follow an order.

Special Ops Sea: Davos under The Reader and Vic. He knows every smugglers trick and can help move my ships unseen.

Special Ops Land: Red Viper of Dorne

Reserves and Training Stannis Fucking Baratheon. I'm gritting and gridding my teeth even thinking it. Yet as someone pointed out he would make an excellent trainer and this way I don't have to deal with the man directly.

Archived