Westeros Stories

Sword of the Morgan

You can read the WoW sample chapters. There are three in full tekst available, with 2 of them easy to find (Theon I and Arianne II). Barristan I might prove somewhat more difficult to find, since GRRM himself did not put that one on his website. It appeared in a book only.

From several other chapters (another Barristan, an Arianne, two Tyrions, IIRC) are available on the forum in summaries. They've been read by GRRM during public appearances, and they most certainly are interesting. The only thing I'm not sure of, is the order in which they should be read.

And indeed, in June (the 17th) Rogues will be released, which will contain a story somewhat shorter that the Princess and the Queen. This story will focus on Prince Daemon, brother to King Viserys I and husband to Rhaenyra Targaryen.

At sometime in the autumn, but certainly this year by the looks of it according to both GRRM himself and Ran and Linda, The World of Ice and Fire: The Untold History of Westeros and the Game of Thrones will be released. It's a history book, which has been "written" by a maester for King Robert.

Rhaenys_Targaryen has already given the full summary of ASOIAF-related texts, so I won't bother repeating it.

What you can do, besides re-reading the series, is read the "So Spake Martin" section at westeros.org; it's a compilation of fan mail, interviews and reports with the man himself, dating back from 1996, and there's a lot of info there regarding the books and the world they're set in (including detailed description of many past Targaryens). It's a lengthy and sometimes dull read, but it's worth it if you're looking for "new material".

You can read the WoW sample chapters. There are three in full tekst available, with 2 of them easy to find (Theon I and Arianne II). Barristan I might prove somewhat more difficult to find, since GRRM himself did not put that one on his website. It appeared in a book only.

From several other chapters (another Barristan, an Arianne, two Tyrions, IIRC) are available on the forum in summaries. They've been read by GRRM during public appearances, and they most certainly are interesting. The only thing I'm not sure of, is the order in which they should be read.

And indeed, in June (the 17th) Rogues will be released, which will contain a story somewhat shorter that the Princess and the Queen. This story will focus on Prince Daemon, brother to King Viserys I and husband to Rhaenyra Targaryen.

At sometime in the autumn, but certainly this year by the looks of it according to both GRRM himself and Ran and Linda, The World of Ice and Fire: The Untold History of Westeros and the Game of Thrones will be released. It's a history book, which has been "written" by a maester for King Robert.

Great info! Thank you.

Archived