Who gets Darry in the end?

HosteenOsteen

Darry is an important castle through ASOIAF, its role in AGOT with the Arya/Joffrey situation, Raymun's role in the early wars with the Lannisters, Ser Willem's rescue of Dany and Viserys, the Jamie-Lancel scenes in AFFC.,.who gets it in the end, presuming the Lannisters lose? Not little Walder obviously. Who would get Darry under a continued Baratheon or restored Targaryen rule? Are we certain the family is extinct? Are the dragon tapestries taken out for good?

I think Tristan Rivers, a captain in the GC, will get Darry. We know from his surname that he is from the riverlands. When trying to figure out which house his father was from, this came to mind:

Joffrey awarded him the lands, castle and rights of House Darry, whose last child lord had perished during the fighting in the riverlands, "leaving no trueborn heirs of lawful Darry blood, but only a bastard cousin."

I think Tristan Rivers is that bastard cousin. For a reward he may want to be legitimized into a Darry, and be given his father's family's castle and all the lands they owned before Robert's Rebellion.

Gatehouse Ami may have to kiss Darry goodbye, or she could always offer herself to Tristan as a wife. Marrying her would unite her claim to his.

What's wrong with Gatehouse Ami keeping Darry?

First of all Darry hasn't been given to Ami, it was given to Lancel Lannister, (now passed on to Martyn Lannister) so Ami doesn't "Have it" in the first place. I don't think any of the Frey's are going to be Riverlords once it's all over-and I don't see the marriage between Ami and Martyn taking place...or if it does it will be Red Wedding 2.0.

I think the Tristan Rivers theory sounds pretty plausible.

Archived