7 "bastard" wanderers

Luddagain

We know that there are heavenly bodies sacred to the Seven. (Jon in SoS)

We have strong reason the see Ragnarok parallels and therefore we may expect that ALL the major houses will fall but be replaced in some way by their descendants., but not directly.

How about the idea that EACH of the "kingdoms" will rise again but only via a "bastard line." The new Bastard will ALSO be a wanderer. The seven Andal "gods" will be replaced by 7 closer to the new gods the Seven.

Now I use the term Bastard in an odd way, because it is more that they are "rejects", neglected by their own father, each for a different reason.

Now in the

Stormlands we have Gendry the common bastard, neglected totally by his father who cared nothing for him, even though there were people who knew of him. He is certainly a wanderer. Daddy may have been a Thor like figure but Gendry is more the new Smith in the new order. Assuming that there is no other legal Baratheon, Gendry is the RIGHTFUL heir in any case (after Shireen who is not healthy)

In Casterly Rock (Westerlands) Tyrion was rejected by his father because of physical deformity. Tyrion or perhaps a child of his may take over Westerlands. Tyrion is certainly also a wanderer. (Alternativly Lanna the daughter of a prostitute and Gerion may inherit the line - again not raised as a Lannister)

Now the Reach is fascinating. Most people will be shocked to realize (including me) that just three places from legitimate rule of the Reach is none other than our much beloved SAMWELL. It is strongly hinted at that the Florents are the legitimate descendent of the Gardeners. Now Sam is actually very close to the top of the Florent pole. Ahead of him is an uncle, a cousin and his mum. Now Sam was rejected by his father because of his physical cowardice. Sam is a Wanderer too. Perhaps Sam will have a child by Gilly who can inherit.

If the Night Watch falls perhaps vows will also be no longer valid.

Now although there are supposed to be seven kingdoms there are actually 8 kingdoms plus Crownlands. Neither the North nor the Iron Islands worship the seven. Theon does however fit the pattern of being rejected by his father, in his case for being too "Greenlander." Jon also fits the pattern by being a bastard though it is hard to know who rejected him. These tow may or may not inherit the roles of the Seven.

In the Vale we have the Arryns practically exinct with only sickly Robin (probably Petyr's son) Harry the Heir and the offspring of the stolen daughter (Timmett ????). Timmett or his aging grandmother might fit the bill.

In Dorne I fear for the Martells. Now Ned Dayne is certainly a wanderer. We do not know if he was rejected by his father or his mother. Indeed I even suspect he is NED's son by Ashara. It is possible, provided he is at least few months older than Sansa, which he seems to be. (When we met Ned he was 12 or so and this was a year into the story making Sansa also 12 e but a young 12 as she was still 13 in FoC)

This leaves the Riverlands which is no longer a kingdom but the RIGHTFUL inheritor would be a descendent of House Mudd. There could be lots of them around but I suspect they may be hidden in the Neck somewhere. They would be wanderers and rejected by their house

The final "wanderer, set to inherit a house could be a Targ perhaps. We have heaps of candidates but my favoured one is little Tyrion son of Lolys.

Archived