The Breaking of the Iron Throne

Olligarchy

Why on earth would the people that just utterly CRUSHED the Targaryens allow them to remain as a ruler over them, no matter how ceremonially?

As I said, just playing with a notion.

But a ceremonial High King with a council of the Kingdoms could bring some stability in terms of trade and possible peace. This would suit The Reach and The Riverlands. The Iron Islands would be less happy with a stabilising entity.

In a ceremonial role (there to judge tournaments etc) no matter how mad a Targ got they would be unlikely to cause too much damage.

And can't say for who would join in with Robert, but I can tell you this: So long as the Tyrells are the Kings of the Reach they will face continuous resistance and more than a few revolts. With Hightowers or some other house at the helm, the Reach would be a true powerhouse.

Why would any house taking the place of tyrells be seen as that more legitimate by the other noble's? Sure the Florents and Hightowers go further back as an ancient house, but if they take over Highgarden they might aswell be just again peceived as upstarts to thhat position, if not by the Florents in the case of the Hightowers and the Hightowers in case of the Florents? Meh, i'm not sure, i guess its debatable, they supposedly have somewhat of a stronger claim.

And if it takes a third of the reach to be chewed off in order for the Hightowers or Florents to reach their ambition, i'm neither sure if it truly will be that more powerfull.

And how do the Freys and Boltons affect Lannisters or Baratheons in any way? And Westerling ambition is something that we can take as an inside joke, seeing as even their "betrayal" was just another move from Tywin Lannister to destroy Robb.

He's not going to have the riverlands or the north among his allies? Where is he going to get all his numbers, men and ships? Who are going to be his allies in this endavour?

If the north or the riverlands join with Robert, well the Tyrels might maybe be able to convice a frey or a Bolton to stab his lord in the back for money and possibly titles?

At some point i guess most lords have opportunist bannermen who will stab them in the back for a price, if even the Starks have em, and the Tyrels have plenty of gold.

The iron islanders can always have an kingsmoot, and Balon is impotant in respect to war and winning as it is, he's more of a detriment than an ally, tottaly unpredictable, might aswell raid the north while youre busy for no good reason, doesn't give a toss for strategic sense.

The Dornish? martel would be no fans of the lion and stag alliance i'd gather, potentially a danger in the long run, this is just after their beloved Targaryans snuffed it afterall.

It probably could have worked as well as it could but what they need is to make the Riverlands and spend about 20 years converting Harrenhal to a new Capital and have a chancellor who is elected by the Kings of the new Kingdoms. This person is not a monarch mind you but someone who takes orders from a Council of Kings. The Riverlands would maybe not be a Kingdom but possibly a breakup of the lands of the rivers.

Also who would Robert marry? I see it as a possibility that Robert may marry cersei as an alliance against the reach. But I find it more likely that Cersei would marry Edmure for tywin to secure his own border.

Edmure is too young for Cersei. He is Tyrion's age. It's not impossible, but Robert would still be a better match.

Edmure is too young for Cersei. He is Tyrion's age. It's not impossible, but Robert would still be a better match.

For Robert yes, For Tywin maybe not. It depends on his objectives in the post-kingdom objectives. If its for an anti-reach alliance yes, but with so much gold inflation bound to be a problem, so trade with the reach is a good thing. The riverlands, reach and westerlands are also bound to have a common enemy the ironborn whilst with Robert it may be the reach but more likely dorne. Also tywin would find easier to manipulate Edmure for his purposes and if the riverlands receives the northern crown lands a direct trade link with narrow sea and well as a more power river king. Also depending on the status of Kings landing an even more powerful king.

Many people on this thread say the riverland would lose out on independence, but for at least two--three generations thanks to hosters alliances and depending on the status of the crown lands and separately Kings landing may actually end up the better for it. I can easily see tywin and hoster making a back room deal fro tywin support of hoster annexation of the northern crowlands for cersei and Edmure marriage.

Hoster is a player.

Robert would have his own Kingdom and not the whole to worry about. This also pends that Viserys would have the old crownlands and dragonstone. Viserys would have been the hot bachelor was no doubt someone would have dreamed of unifiying again under Targ Rule.

Robert would have drank and whored around whether he married or not and not give a shit about it. Edmure, Arianne and Balon Greyjoys sons were alive as well. It would have changed everything.

Archived