The Rise and Fall of Kings, Just and Cruel

Jonny Boy

No break to get snacks?

Well, doesn't matter. We are queen, We can watch the match while someone else gets Us snacks.

Hey, servant! Bring Us some nuts roasted in honey and a keg of mead, please.

Huh, Ser Jonothor unhorsed Ser Barnabas. That was quick.

Next would normally be Ser Howyrd Loserguy against Ser Baelor Bracken, but in order to give the maesters some more time to patch brave Ser Baelor together, we'll have the other two quarterfinals first, so the next pair are Ser Otorin Painsworth and Tormund Giantsbane.

...Your Grace, I don't think bane can be used as a verb. Of course our fair Queen may make it a verb if she chooses. At any rate we shall see if the Bane can withstand the Pain. :D

Wow! Both men shattered their lances on each others' shields in the first tilt. I haven't seen so many splinters in years! Tied at 1 point each after the first pass.

It is rather worrying me that this Giantsbane fellow's helm leaves his face so very uncovered in comparison to his competitors. Do you suppose that means he's poor, fearless, or foolhardy? I should so hate to see someone's eyes gouged out today.

Vielleicht sollten Wir einfach von all Unseren Untertanen erwarten, dass sie deutsch verstehen, damit Wir Uns nicht in einer Fremdsprache ausdrücken müssen.

Anyway, We guess it means that he is a wildling and that, while he is quiet able to joust, he doesn't know to much about it. We agree about the eyes though. People should be blinded by Our beauty, not by splinters. And while this is a very fascinating picture with an equally fascinating story behind it, We would not like to bear witness to such an event Ourself.

So We shall send one of Our Queensguard to Tormund to offer him a proper jousting helmet right know before the second tilt.

Ah, Our kingsguard was persuasive enough to convince Tormund to accept the helmet. Hm, maybe we should let Ser Merlon Crakehall and Lyonel Dayne joust first, so that Tormund has a bit of time to get used to the new helmet? Please announce this, my dear Lady.

*clears throat, mutters about finding a herald* Ladies and gentlemen, and everybody else not sitting on a cushion, Her Majesty has decreed that the next match shall be Ser Merlon Crakehall against Lyonel Dayne!

Gentlemen, stand you ready? Then play ball...er...joust away?

Not totally inexperienced, just less experienced than most of our entrants. This young man is definitely strong. I believe he is one of the Daynes of High Hermitage. Gerold's little brother perhaps.

Yes, that was indeed surprising! Ser Merlon does not seem very happy about it either. Why he hasn't been unhorsed since...I don't even recall the last time he was unhorsed. It might have been before I was born.

Next up Ser Howyrd Loserguy meets Ser Baelor Bracken. It seems the maesters have done well--Ser Baelor looks as fit as his opponent.

Wow, Ser Howyrd threw Ser Baelor of his horse! That's already the second time he managed to do that in this tourney. But maybe Ser Baelor still had some problems due to his injuries from his previous joust? He seems in pain, now. Ah, there are maesters and servants running to help him.

Congratulations to Ser Howyrd. Your Majesty, I took the liberty of arranging for one of your personal maesters to examine those injured from the quarter-finals onward in the tourney. Ser Baelor will be in excellent hands!

Ser Otorin Painsworth and Tormund Giantsbane, report to the lists!

Quite true, Your Grace. Quite true!

Second tilt...another hit for Ser Otorin as Tormund continues to struggle. This is looking bad for our Wildling friend, but great for Ser Otorin. The only way Tormund can win now is if he somehow manages to unhorse his opponent. Did I just see him wink at that Rayder fellow?

Archived