3 Heads and The Prince That Was Promised

esayitch

Hello, this is a theory regarding Azor Ahai, “The Dragon Has Three Heads” and of course The Prince That Was Promised. All of which were discussed a lot, so pardon for any repetitions.

Theory:

Jon is TPTWP, not Dany.

Explanation:

As a child, Rhaegar is very bookish, and one day runs into the ancient prophecy. He discusses it with Aemon and they think he is TPTWP. As a result he needs to become a warrior which compels him to begin arms practice.

Later on, Rhaegar concludes that he’s NOT the prince that was promised, but that the prophecy likely speaks about his son Aegon. He says as much to Elia upon Aegon’s birth. However, he also mentions that he must have another child; “The Dragon Has Three Heads”. This translates to Rhaegar being “The Dragon”, something many characters seem to believe in, as often in the books he is called a Dragon. In AFFC, Aemon tells Sam that the prophecy was mistranslated and that Daenerys is a perfect fit.

Back to Rhaegar. Elia can have no more children. I don’t know if he tells her he is about to have a child from another woman or explains the prophecy to her. But he runs away with Lyanna and Jon is born from their union. Upon Aegon’s birth, Rhaegar told Elia that Aegon’s song is The Song of Ice And Fire. However, he falls for Ice (Lyanna) at Harrenhal, suggesting that it is the second time he was mistaken; not his first son and second child is TPTWP, but rather the youngest, as Jon is in quite the literal sense “A Song of Ice and Fire” and the one born from true love.

So, what we have so far is:

1) Rhaegar is “The Dragon”.

2) The Dragon Has Three Heads.

3) Jon is the third head of the dragon, and is literally A Song of Ice And Fire, making him, according to Rhaegar’s understanding of the theory, TPTWP.

But what about Dany?

If we apply the above logic, Aerys needs to be A Dragon, though he is not regarded as such. It could very well be that Aemon is simply mistaken. In addition, Azor Ahai needs to be reborn amidst salt and smoke after a long summer. The summer doesn't end until the end of AFFC/ADWD; Dany was not reborn after a long summer, but nearing the end of one.

Of course, Jon’s death at the end of ADWD with Ser Patrek’s bloody, star-laden banner above him, and Bowen marsh’s salty tears, Jon’s smoking wounds... and his subsequent revival in TWOW serve only to support the fact that he is TPTWP.

My expectation for the final two books is that Dany either dies in Essos or arrives to Westeroes and lives long enough to see her Dragons submit to Jon. At the end, Jon, Dany, and Tyrion-son-of-Aerys each ride a dragon into the sunset ^^.

Ok this was going good but got messed up in the end. If Jon is TPWWP and A Song Of Ice And Fire and the youngest head of the dragon then what is Dany? is she AAR or the stallion that mounts the world? or is that Drogon and Jon will ride the stallion that mounts the world (drogon) or something?

Where does Aegon fit in? I believe he's real but even if he is a blackfyre or Brightflame he still has Targ blood in him

The three heads Rhaegal ,Drogon ,and Viserion . Three mounts Rhaenys ,Aegon, and Visenya(if Jon was a girl and R+L=J)The mounts is suppose to represent husbands Drogo,Victarion and Jon or maybe Aegon. I seriously doubt that Jon Snow would marry his own aunt he was raised a Stark. And Daenerys probably would not marry the plain looking son of one of the Usurper's dog , and definitely not Tyrion.

I don't know if there is evidence anywhere stating that the three heads MUST marry each other. It's almost without question that Dany is one of the three. The other two though is where we get all kinds of crackpot theories. My guess is GRRM is going to surprise the shit out of all of us. A lot of evidence points to Tyrion but then that raises the question about his bloodline. I just don't see Tywin raising any bastard son of Aerys, especially a dwarf.

Archived