Seven Heroes?

gobo

We know that in Martin's world, seven is an important number. Seven Kingdoms, seven Gods, etc. We have Dunk's trial of the seven as well as many other examples. What if the story is setting us up for a band of seven heroes, one from each of the seven kingdoms, to lead the fight against the others. As ADWD winds down and we ramp up for TWOW, we have major, or at least significant, characters from each of the seven kingdoms who are separated or isolated from their homelands and families (except maybe the Vale, see below). Perhaps they will join to unite the seven kingdoms against the others (whether physically together or as seven separate journeys).

Criteria for inclusion on the list are isolation from one's home community, a particular skill as a warrior or similar, and someon who has been built up as an important (if not main) character. The heroes in questions would be as follows, i think:

North: Jon. I think this is the most obvious, as we are pretty confident that R+L=J and that Jon is at least one aspect of AAR, PTwP and/or the Last Hero. Other candidates could maybe include Arya or Bran, but I'm pretty sure this is Jon, unless we consider Jon, Dany and whoever is the third dragon head (Tyrion?) to be separate from our group of 7.

Westerlands: Jamie. Tyrion also fits the criteria, but I think Jaime's current arc is more in line with this happening.

Reach: Loras. He was part of the King's landing morass, but is now allegedly dying on Dragonstone. I think he is either not actually wounded or will recover, and now that he's away from Cersei and Margaery and their respective retainers, has an opportunity to become his own person. Honorable mention: Garlan. We haven't seen much of him, but we know he is skilled at arms.

Iron Islands/Riverlands (considered together for seven kingdoms purposes): Asha. Of all the Greyjoys, she is the one that seems to be on the most hero-ish arc. I don't think Theon has it in him anymore, and I don't think Victarion is cut out for this role. Honorable mention would go to the Blackfish, but I need to put him in the Vale for reasons stated below.

Stormlands: Brienne. This is the closest contest between Brienne and Stannis, but I am going with Brienne because she is more alone than Stannis. Stannis is equally worthy, but unlike any of the others on my list, he commands an army, and I am looking for loners or near-loners.

Dorne: Sarella (aka Alleras). She is the least main character on this list in terms of page-time, but I have the feeling she is about to get much more significant given that she is now connected to both Sam and Marwyn, meaning she probably has a better sense of what is actually going on in the world than most characters in the book. Honorable mention to any Daynes that might still be alive (not Darkstar) and the older Sand Snakes.

Vale: Blackfish. This is the most tenuous, because the Blackfish is not actually from the Vale, but he did serve there as Lysa's Knight of the Gate for some time. Unfortunately, we do not have a lot of heroic characters from the Vale. If not the Blackfish, I suppose it could be Harry the Heir, but he's not yet a main enough character, and I have a feeling that the more we learn about him, the less we'll like him.

This is wild speculation, and it probably sets up too nicely for GRRM's world, but it's fun wild speculation.

North: Jon- he does the right thing and was train to fight

Westerlands: Crakehall-Jaimie think highly of Lyle skill. Lyke didn't like what happen at saltpans

Reach: Samwell - he killed a white walker, he is smart

Iron Islands/Riverlands Asha- She leads a couple of ships.

Stormlands: Balon Swann- Honor able and good with melee and archery fighting

Honorable mention Shireen - odd choice but she is brave and her brains could help solve problems

Vale: Bronze Yohn- LF consider him a threat and he a Royce, badass is in the blood

Archived