(Book Spoilers) Predictions based on the Recap

So HBO has released the final recap for Season 4. As many of us are hoping they don't stray too far away from the final chapters of A Storm of Swords, what can you guys gather will happen from seeing this recap?

Recap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDOH3Qs99Lw

I'll start off by saying that we will definitely see Arya leaving for Braavos seeing as the scene between herself Jaqen H'ghar is shown.

Looks like we will touch on almost all of the storylines:

- Arya leaving for Braavos

- Jon, Stannis and gang save the day, maybe one scene at the wall

- Bran meeting children of the forest

- Tyrion's escape and tywin, shae's death in KL, plus random Cersei scenes and set-up for dorne

- Daenerys's dragons kill child, locking up her dragons,

- A scene with Brienne, either meeting the hound and arya, or UnCat

- Ramsay, reek in winterfell? or maybe we'll wait for next season

- Not sure what they will do with Sansa, maybe left out

- Rumours of a scene with Rickon and Osha, i hope they are true

I SOOOO hope they end with Lady Stoneheart

Pretty much gurantees Arya will be leaving for Braavos.

I hope we get LS, but the closer we get the less certain I am it's gonna happen. Which would be a shame, because it would be a big way to end the season. Didn't care for the storyline when I read it in ASOS, but the impact it would have on the show could be huge.

Also hope Stannis' offer is included, but again i doubt it. Wish they could have gotten the LC election in. Really would have ended s4 on an even bigger upswing with Tyrion, LS, and Jon.

No Sansa, Reek/Ramsay. Just not enough time for filler stuff that can wait til next season. Both of their last scenes from episode 8 seemed to close their arcs for the season.

I've watching the series reruns on one of the HBO channels. Seeing the 'Happy Father's Day' promos for the finale I suppose, maybe, we'll have some Balon Greyjoy confirmation of this death. Perhaps an Asha/Yara scene?

Argg I dont see why they would wait until next season for LS, such a perfect ending scene. I agree we will probably not see any reek/ramsay scenes, possibly a Yara/Asha scene revealing Balon's death, then introduce Iron islands plotline starting next season. I doubt they will include any LC or stannis' offer this season

I think the only thing we can be guaranteed of is complaints from Team Stannis no matter what happens this episode. I'm looking forward to watching the play by play in the usual thread while the episode airs, watching the tears flow and seeing the wail, moans, lamentations, and knashing of teeth from the usual suspects. A Game of Stannis, a Song of Ice and Stannis - bahahaa.

Seriously, the one thing I'm interested in seeing is what happens to Shireen. They spent a fair number of seconds and shots in episode 8 regarding Mel "needing" Stannis's daughter for the voyage - after the killing off of Pip and Grenn, I'm a little more uncertain so far as this adaptation goes and minor character survival vis a vis show to book. Stannis being my favorite character as well, I'll be a bit disappointed if they (D and D) seize on this whole Shireen bit as an opportunity to further shock their audience, and sacrifice her for a "mighty wind" with which to carry team Stannis to the wall. I don't think TV Stannis would consent, but if TV Queen f-ugly and Meli torch her in secret, or even bleed her or something her for a sacrifice to the lord of the lit-up, it's going to confirm in the minds of a lot of anti D and D types that they have it out for our boy, and are trying to now not only make him, but all his compatriots, look bad. Some sort of yin to the yang of the whole "rescue the Night's Watch, the Wall, and thereby the Kingdoms" maneuver by Stannis et al. If there is some sort of very negative Stannis scenes that are meant to counter balance the "rescue", there will be a howling on the bbs that has yet to have been seen.

I stand by to stand by.

I haven't watched it yet, but I'm guessing the scene with Brienne and The Hound is going to be a sort of mirror of the scene with her and Syrio. I think Brienne finds them and says her mother sent her sort of how Meryn says that her father had sent him, and as a result, they think she's working for the Lannisters, they fight, Arya flees, finds the town and ship to Braavos. I guess I'll find out in about an hour.

I haven't watched it yet, but I'm guessing the scene with Brienne and The Hound is going to be a sort of mirror of the scene with her and Syrio. I think Brienne finds them and says her mother sent her sort of how Meryn says that her father had sent him, and as a result, they think she's working for the Lannisters, they fight, Arya flees, finds the town and ship to Braavos. I guess I'll find out in about an hour.

Right you are!

Archived