Long seasons?

I believe that it is mentioned that there was a long winter after the seven year summer during Maekar's reign. Don't recall if it is stated how long the winter lasted.

I assumed as much, given that long winters follow long summers. So would this long winter have started at the beginning of the reign of Aegon V (Egg)? It would be interesting if Bloodraven and Aemon went to the wall during a long winter.

I assumed as much, given that long winters follow long summers. So would this long winter have started at the beginning of the reign of Aegon V (Egg)? It would be interesting if Bloodraven and Aemon went to the wall during a long winter.

Maekar ascended to the throne in 221AC and reigned until 233AC. During that time there was the 7 year summer, followed by a short autumn and then a long winter. Egg ascended to the throne in 233AC, so I think that it is safe to assume that it was already winter when he became king.

Maekar ascended to the throne in 221AC and reigned until 233AC. During that time there was the 7 year summer, followed by a short autumn and then a long winter. Egg ascended to the throne in 233AC, so I think that it is safe to assume that it was already winter when he became king.

Right, which implies that Bloodraven and Aemon made their journey to the Wall when it was freaking cold, because they both joined the NW when Egg became king.

Right, which implies that Bloodraven and Aemon made their journey to the Wall when it was freaking cold, because they both joined the NW when Egg became king.

Yes, it was probably winter when Aemon and BR went to The Wall. At one of the readings (Westerlands reading, I think) it is mentioned that BR led the Great Council that chose Egg. So it seems that BR may not have been forced to take the black.

Archived