Which is really bloodier and more violent- Game of Thrones or Harry Potter?

Pod The Rod

Ohh yeah, but Voldemort was stuck in some awful hideous state and shit, getting a Dementors Kiss, it's just like dying and nothing happening, no afterlife, no joy, no pain, just like being unconscious, but you know, forever. Also... flaying (shudders).

Knowing what happens to people who even go NEAR a dementor I think the Kiss would be a speedier version of what happens to Theon in a psychological sense, only irreversible. In HP, you would get flayed and then go live happily ever after.

Knowing what happens to people who even go NEAR a dementor I think the Kiss would be a speedier version of what happens to Theon in a psychological sense, only irreversible. In HP, you would get flayed and then go live happily ever after.

Yeah but the worst part about what happened to Theon (in my opinion at least) was the physical torture, plus, what happens leading up to the Kiss doesn't last that long. And also, if you're in ASoIaF and you get flayed, then nothing happens to you, exactly the same as getting a dementors kiss in HP, no afterlife, just eternal nothingness.

Receiving a Dementors Kiss leaves you in a catatonic state, which to the person who received it, is no different than being asleep or unconscious.

That's what we see from the outside. If we read Ron's description of what happens to Harry during chapter Five of Azkaban, then we see a greater discrepancy between the visible effects of a dementor and what's really happening inside the person's mind. If what people experience merely by being close to a dementor is any clue, than the actual kiss is something much, much worse.

Archived