There has only ever been one Bolton.

Caesar Augustus

Is it possible that Roose took Robb Stark's body after the RW to hold onto and use in his skin changing? He could want his flayed skin to slip into and declare that Robb is not dead after all, taking control of House Stark and ruling.

Very unlikely! Mainly because all of westeros knows that Robb is dead. If that was the plan then they would have killed him in a more subtle way.

Also, Roose is ruling the north in his own name. If he were to skin change into Robb he would undermine his own rule, which makes no sense.

Wouldn't other lords get suspicious? I mean for that to work, he'd have to take someone else's face right? So he wouldn't need an heir, unless of course he took their face but still, I think people would wonder when the former lord of the Dreadfort went. Also, he talks about the problem of what will happen after his death with Reek, why would the problem of child heirs concern him if he could just take Ramsays' face and rule through him until fat walda's sons are of an age. I think not having a family tree is not a good reason to suspect he is freaky immortal asshole, as other houses have the same problem, maybe Randyll Tarly is a skinchanger too and he got rid of Sam because he didn't want to take on the form of fat weakling who was afraid of his own shadow??!!??

The idea is that he kills his own son, fakes his own death, and then wears the son's skin. I don't think this requires there only ever have been one Bolton, he's just the one who's stil alive.

No there are always two Boltons, one master and other apprentice. There used to be more of them but when Starks tried to exterminate them they decided to keep the family small so they can be undetected. When apprentice leans all there is about being Bolton, then he kills his master and assumes the mantle himself.

Rise, Darth Ramsay.

But in all seriousness, the Boltons have existed for a long time. Roose even expects to die. They are just like any other family ,except more horrific and sadistic.

I'm not denying that this is a theory, but I am denying that there is anything at all to base it on.

I personally just came around to a new theory, that brandon the builder was AA, and that the wife he killed was a Bolton. This is what caused the feud between Bolton and Stark.

Wasn't there another theory about Brandon being the NK?

I heard about this theory it makes sense there is no Bolton family tree why is that? someone said that Roose hide into room for a few years until everyone dies out but some people said there is no way that can happen because there is always some banner man who gets to be old age. But life in world ice and fire life is very short and winters are hard. fact: Boltons used flayed the Starks not for trophies, but for they warging abilities. The Boltons maybe wanted the warging abiliy

Archived