There has only ever been one Bolton.

Caesar Augustus

I remember reading somewhere about a crackpot theory that Roose Bolton is the only Bolton ever to exist. The Boltons are said to wear the skins of their enemies so is it possible that Roose possessed the knowledge of the Faceless men and has been changing his skin through the ages. I also think it's strange that we've never seen a Bolton family tree.

Does anyone have a link to this theory?I would love to read it again. Maybe Roose is a vampire who knows.

The Boltons wearing their skins of their enemies, I see it, as them trying to copy the Starks as they have the ability to skinchange.

Ooh. One of Roose's ancestors tries to human warg a Stark, and the idea catches on.

As for Roose himself: Dominic was about Lyanna's age. Which makes Roose roughly Lord Rickard's. Mid-to-late 50s, perhaps.

Domeric was squire of Lord Redfort at the time he died so I doubt he was round the age of Lyanna.

the boy was mad for horses, Lady Dustin will tell you. Not even Lord Rickard's daugther could outrace him, and that one was half a horse herself.

This is the only comparison between Lyanna and Domeric, nothing about age.

Domeric was squire of Lord Redfort at the time he died so I doubt he was round the age of Lyanna.

This is the only comparison between Lyanna and Domeric, nothing about age.

They need to be of an age to engage in horse racing. A three year old can't race a horse against the daughter of the Lord of Winterfell: he'd have to be at least a teenager. He's unlikely to be much older, because, well, he's a squire when Ramsay kills him.

So that puts him roughly of Lyanna's generation.

Roose's statement can, of course, be read as meaning that Dominic was simply a faster horseman than Lyanna, not that they ever raced. However, I think that interpretation is unlikely: in the absence of stop watches, or some other means of quantifying speed, the only way to tell that Dominic was better than Lyanna, is a direct competition between the two.

No there are always two Boltons, one master and other apprentice. There used to be more of them but when Starks tried to exterminate them they decided to keep the family small so they can be undetected. When apprentice leans all there is about being Bolton, then he kills his master and assumes the mantle himself.

Something funny to think about, and remember. When Roose is talking to Walder after the red wedding, Walder says "He called himself the young wolf. How's that for pomposity?" And Roose replied "Forever young." And gives a creepy ass smile with it. I don't think he's a skin changer or faceless man, but I just thought it was convene that he said that, as if he is "forever young"

They need to be of an age to engage in horse racing. A three year old can't race a horse against the daughter of the Lord of Winterfell: he'd have to be at least a teenager. He's unlikely to be much older, because, well, he's a squire when Ramsay kills him.

So that puts him roughly of Lyanna's generation.

Few do,' she replied. 'He lived with his mother until two years past, when young Domeric died and left Bolton without an heir.'”

So no, if he was described as "young Domeric" when he died around 297ish he'd have to have been born when Lyanna was already a teenager.

Archived