Can't wait for someone smart to post Howland Reed = High Septon 3.0

willofDorne

Robb:"...and tell Howland Reed that even though he is a shy reclusive man and a follower of the Old Gods at that to disguise himself as an old septon and spend months gathering a rag tag group of peasants with sticks. Tell him they are sure to follow him as he, Howland Reed, is so awesome. Tell him to ignore any issues in the North as they can take care of themselves. Don't mention this Will I've written as he'll only want to stay and help. Tell him to take this rabble to King's Landing as by the time he gets there someone is bound to have killed the current High Septon leaving the position open for him. He can easily get this job as he, Howland Reed, is so awesome. Once he does this he should re-instate the Faith Militant as then we could arm this rabble and this would make torturing princesses much easier. Tell him that being nasty to princesses is the hightest priority, even in the case of my death. Tell him that his plan is sure to succeed as he, The Howland Reed, is so awesome."

Glover: "er, um, yees Your Grace..."

When will this happen? Can't wait

1) Change the thread title to just: Howland Reed = High Septon v3

2) Take all the material from the last threads and either link them or post them directly - you may modify as you see fit

3) Take care to address each counter-argument with a level head. Also, to ensure the most productive debate, make sure to establish the terms in which you're arguing (a mistake made by the last OP)

Meaning: the arguments are going to continue in that same cyclic pattern if the finer points and terms aren't properly addressed and estbalished for both sides.

4) Godspeed

It's one of my favourite theories because I could imagine an imposture of such audacity (whether planned or opportunistic) being the mark of someone whose skill is to "weave words" and who saved Ned Stark's life and yet is not, apparently, a fighter. Did he save Ned with woven words too, I wonder?

(That said, even if HS =/= HR, I still find the High Sparrow a really intriguing character.)

Robb:"...and tell Howland Reed that even though he is a shy reclusive man and a follower of the Old Gods at that to disguise himself as an old septon and spend months gathering a rag tag group of peasants with sticks. Tell him they are sure to follow him as he, Howland Reed, is so awesome. Tell him to ignore any issues in the North as they can take care of themselves. Don't mention this Will I've written as he'll only want to stay and help. Tell him to take this rabble to King's Landing as by the time he gets there someone is bound to have killed the current High Septon leaving the position open for him. He can easily get this job as he, Howland Reed, is so awesome. Once he does this he should re-instate the Faith Militant as then we could arm this rabble and this would make torturing princesses much easier. Tell him that being nasty to princesses is the hightest priority, even in the case of my death. Tell him that his plan is sure to succeed as he, The Howland Reed, is so awesome."

Glover: "er, um, yees Your Grace..."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And so the insulting begins... :frown5:

I apologize. I was just busting the OP's chops given the set up afforded by the thread title...low hanging fruit.

I don't think I'd do it justice. I think Pobeb or Stubby will choose the next poster. I've never posted a theory thread on here, and wouldn't know where to start, let alone edit.

Read your PM.

The burden has to fall on someone. Pobeb was banned - so don't expect help there.

I figure since you posted this, you should take responsibility and just move the discussion forward on your own. It wouldn't be hard, just change the thread title and put links to the last 2 iterations of this theory as a reference guide.

I apologize. I was just busting the OP's chops.

Just be careful, negative posts (especially in the iterations of this thread) are dealt with swiftly.

Archived