The Rains of Castamere, and an obvious reference

WilliamWesterosiWallace

I see a few people here insulting those of us who pronounced Damphair properly as according to english rather than GRRM's view of the word. As I once told an Australian because I was super pissed off "Well since there's no such thing as a silent R in the english language, no, I means CaiRns" In Australia they pronounce Cairns Cans and then they get upset at people for pronouncing the R.

Damphair is pronounced dam fair in english, its pronounced damp hair according to GRRM and thats fine, but I see no reason to insult people for assuming standard english conventions.

I see a few people here insulting those of us who pronounced Damphair properly as according to english rather than GRRM's view of the word. As I once told an Australian because I was super pissed off "Well since there's no such thing as a silent R in the english language, no, I means CaiRns" In Australia they pronounce Cairns Cans and then they get upset at people for pronouncing the R.

Damphair is pronounced dam fair in english, its pronounced damp hair according to GRRM and thats fine, but I see no reason to insult people for assuming standard english conventions.

I think the only readon GRRM didn't write Damp-hair is because it isn't pretty to the eyes.

Surprisingly, even if I missed the Reynes I got the Damphair quick enough. So, it's really a win/lose situation, you get some, you don't get some. Oh, well...

Archived