A Northern Guest

Wmarshal

Didn't Ned at least visit his bannermen I know Jon made a comment that Ned said once that he never ate so well as when he visited the mountain clans so shouldn't he have visited the Umbers? And wouldn't someone have made a complaint to Ned if the first night was indeed being practiced?

Actually it's pretty much the same year when Ned left the North. Well, half a year earlier. It would take time for Ramsay to actually commit his crimes. Furthermore, until Robb marched Roose kept him under control, either suppressing any news or forbidding him his sport outright.

Ramsay only makes a name for himself after Roose (and Robb) had left. The last couple months before Lady Hornwood. And the truly horrendous stuff only gets out when Robb is already dead.

Didnt Rod Cassell get killed before Robb did? Or am I mistaken?

Didn't Ned at least visit his bannermen I know Jon made a comment that Ned said once that he never ate so well as when he visited the mountain clans so shouldn't he have visited the Umbers? And wouldn't someone have made a complaint to Ned if the first night was indeed being practiced?

Yes, he visited them.

If the Umbers still practice First Night. If there is somebody fed up enough with that to risk his life by accusing his overlords. If he was close enough to reach Ned in time. If he actually managed to talk to Ned. If he got proof. A lot of ifs.

Didnt Rod Cassell get killed before Robb did? Or am I mistaken?

Yes, but that's not when news about Ramsay started to spread. That's more during Feast and Dance.

Remember, Roose admonishing Ramsay on his habits sounds like it is the very first time they talked about that topic.

Archived