Will Arya be sent to kill Sansa?

DamnDirtyApe

Plus she will have heard about Sansa being forced to marry the imp and that she might be responsible for Joffrey's death. She might even think that Sansa killed Joffrey in revenge for Ned. Either way it seems unlikely that she hates Sansa.

She hears about that right before the fight at the inn and she dismisses it because:

Sansa would never marry the Imp (as if she had a choice) and

Sansa wouldn't kill Joffrey (nor turn into a bat)

It seems unlikely that Arya would become that antagonistic against her sister if she ever lays eyes on her again. There is a long way between being unhappy with a sibling and murdering them. Also wasn't there a quote floating around from George something to the effect of its wrong to assume Arya is an assassin? so I don't know why everyone keeps calling her one.

Dark yes.

Murder. She's done it but not an assassin.

Also, I believe the ending of the series has been said to be "bittersweet" Having one beloved sister of a great house kill another doesn't seem to fit the mold of "bittersweet" that seems a bit of a stretch even for Georges mind.

If Sansa dies, I doubt it will be at Arya's hand.

No way would Arya ever purposely kill Sansa. If she was sent after Alayne and killed her before realizing it was Sansa then maybe. But her doing it on purpose is ridiculously against her character.

But there's no reason for anyone to send FM to kill Alayne even if they don't know who she is, and there'd be no way they would send Arya to kill Sansa if they did.

This topic now has me thinking about the emotional moment if they are both reunited while under assumed names... could you imagine reading about how their fake personas break down piece by piece when they saw each other...

gaahhh

:crying: :frown5:

They both need to be able to reclaim their names.

Like Theon/Reek says,

You need to remember your name...

:frown5:

Let's just get one thing straight: As a Faceless Man you cannot kill someone you know!

Now, I may be overreaching, but I would assume Arya met Sansa at least once during her 9 years at Winterfell or am I presuming too much?

So no, Arya won't be sent to kill Sansa period. As for Alyane, why would anyone be willing to part will most of their wealth and what they hold dear to kill a bastard girl?

As for Arya killing Sansa because she wants to, why would she want to? Arya always put her family above everything else. And she loves Sansa. When leaving KL, Arya thinks:

She wished the Rush would rise and wash the whole city away, Flea Bottom and the Red Keep and the Great Sept and everything, and everyone too, especially Prince Joffrey and his mother. But she knew it wouldn't, and anyhow Sansa was still in the city and would wash away too. When she remembered that, Arya decided to wish for Winterfell instead.

In Harrenhall:

Even Sansa . . . I’ll kiss her and beg her pardons like a proper lady, she’ll like that.

Archived