Ned's bones

Johnnyrocket

I haven't discussed this at all yet, but what do you all make of Lady Dustin's trip down to the crypts with Theon, and her saying out of resentment that she will stop Ned's bones from ever reaching the crypts of Winterfell? I know Catelyn sent them north, and they obviously haven't arrived yet. Theon mentions in that chapter (The Turncloak, DwD) that it seemed to get warmer down in the crypts, and they were colder in the summer. They were still cold, just not as cold as on the surface, and it seemed to stay a consistent temperature no matter the season. With all the other theories of the crypts, there is obvious ominous tones about the Crypts...if it stays the same temp then magic might be strong in the Crypts.

My question is: if Ned's bones do get delivered to the Crypts, what significance could it possibly have? Will the Starks still alive gain more control over their powers? Will it trigger some magic chain reaction, like shutting down the storage grid in Ghosbusters, leading to all the Stark spirits being released onto the realm? Will it do absolutely nothing, and the only reason they keep bringing up the bones is to show the tension between Northern houses?

While I believe the crypts will serve a bigger role in the books to come, I doubt Ned's bones will have anything to do with it. Having his bones there is just a funary wish of his line.

Now while we have no idea where his bones are now, I have a feeling that maybe the last paragraph of ASOIAF will see the remaining Stark children gathering in the crypt, finally laying Ned's bones to rest.

good point, maybe GRRM vaguely mentions them throughout the series that way Eddard comes full circle by the end of the books.

I'm very interested in how many bannerman of the North are pro-Stark as well. Wyman Manderly obviously beds with the enemy but has his own motives. Most of them have to play the game and bide their time for whatever chance they think they have at restoring the Stark name. Pretty loyal bannerman, to hide the letter naming Robb Stark's will, to possibly be hiding Ned's bones somewhere, and attempting to recover possible heirs to the Stark throne

I haven't discussed this at all yet, but what do you all make of Lady Dustin's trip down to the crypts with Theon, and her saying out of resentment that she will stop Ned's bones from ever reaching the crypts of Winterfell? I know Catelyn sent them north, and they obviously haven't arrived yet. Theon mentions in that chapter (The Turncloak, DwD) that it seemed to get warmer down in the crypts, and they were colder in the summer. They were still cold, just not as cold as on the surface, and it seemed to stay a consistent temperature no matter the season. With all the other theories of the crypts, there is obvious ominous tones about the Crypts...if it stays the same temp then magic might be strong in the Crypts.

My question is: if Ned's bones do get delivered to the Crypts, what significance could it possibly have? Will the Starks still alive gain more control over their powers? Will it trigger some magic chain reaction, like shutting down the storage grid in Ghosbusters, leading to all the Stark spirits being released onto the realm? Will it do absolutely nothing, and the only reason they keep bringing up the bones is to show the tension between Northern houses?

This is fairly normal for underground, if you go far enough. Usually around 55 Farenheit I believe. (12-13 Celsius, for those of you who get metric)

Archived